BFG All Terrain puncture

Warren Stirling

A word of caution - the company who put my General Grabber AT2s (tubeless) put the old inner tubes back in as they didn't have valves big enough to fit my wheels on the shelf.

A week later I had two tyres that wouldn't hold air for any length of time. Turns out on most tubeless tyres there are ridges in the rubber and sometimes stickers as well, these can rub on the inner tube and wear it down.

the reason you get normaly a slow puncture with tubes in tubles tyres , on the inside of the tyre are raised strips of rubber and in time they rub through the wall of your inner tube slow puncture i fill mine up from new with agri tyre seal never had a flat yet , jrose you beat me to it

Edited by Big Bolt

Yes I did bring up the fact that the tyres were designed to be tubless therefor the lining wouldnt be that smooth but was assured by the fitter that he had done the same in his defender and 20k later all good. But I will keep an eye on the pressures. If not I'll put a warning on here not to buy single bfg 'good condition' off ebay!:biggrin: Of course I wouldnt do that! Fingers crossed

You might find you keep getting punctures, don't ask me why but I was getting puncture left right and centre after putting a tube in two of my tubeless tyres.

You'd have been better off using that tyre seal permanent puncture repair stuff at a tenner a pop

HI DEAN I'm told by a tyre fitter it the cross wires what eats into the inner tube mate thanks jon :thumbup:

A word of caution - the company who put my General Grabber AT2s (tubeless) put the old inner tubes back in as they didn't have valves big enough to fit my wheels on the shelf.

A week later I had two tyres that wouldn't hold air for any length of time. Turns out on most tubeless tyres there are ridges in the rubber and sometimes stickers as well, these can rub on the inner tube and wear it down.

HI JROSE I'm told that two mate thanks jon :thumbup:

i fill mine up from new with agri tyre seal never had a flat yet ' date=' jrose you beat me to it[/quote']

Agri sealant such as OKO is great stuff, but is only approved for use in OFF ROAD vehicles. Use it in road vehicles at your own risk.

There is however an LCV version for light commercials, 4x4, and trailer use.

Edited by GardenKit