Alstor 8x8 FMOC training

TreeNuts

its currently being sorted by FC and Dick Bradshaw, There are currently two people waiting to do the assessment these are Nathan the importer and David Llewellyn of woodland ways. Both who are on here and will probably speak up if they see this. Once they have been sorted then there are two of us from Small Woods association going to do it as we have all doing training on the machine, its just sorting the assesment for using machines with no cab or operator protection

its currently being sorted by FC and Dick Bradshaw, There are currently two people waiting to do the assessment these are Nathan the importer and David Llewellyn of woodland ways. Both who are on here and will probably speak up if they see this. Once they have been sorted then there are two of us from Small Woods association going to do it as we have all doing training on the machine, its just sorting the assesment for using machines with no cab or operator protection

Thanks for the info Charlieh. How soon will the course be ready do you think and do you think I should do the FMO 1.5 and 3.2 instead? I'm at a bit of a crossroads here because I'd like to start using the Alstor for work asap, but wouldn't want to do so without the required tickets.

Just been sorting my FMOC for my tracked skidder (Oxtrac if you're interested) and the discussion got round to small scale extraction kit. Apparently they're going to put the Alstor together with alpine tractors and quads as a unit. Still to be written from my understanding. In the mean time the trad. units will cover it and full size machines.

• 2 weeks later...

hi charlie , the assessment for us is on wednesday with dick bradshaw he is assessing us on the alstor and at this point it is the original tickets for 8 wheel machines .The next day he has a meeting with nptc about the lack of fmoc for mini forwarders and hopefully will take back good feedback from nathan and me to design course more in keeping with driving this kind of base machine . Also the other guy who was asking about driving his machine at the moment , nathan does a cert for you if you have been trained this has sufficed for two years for me as long as you do the risk assessment and follow safe driving practice i have only followed the fmoc route through callum because the enviroment agency asked for the paperwork for there records .

the assessment for us is on wednesday with dick bradshaw he is assessing us on the alstor and at this point it is the original tickets for 8 wheel machines...i have only followed the fmoc route through callum because the enviroment agency asked for the paperwork for there records .

Just to clarify, what are the "original tickets for 8 wheel machines" and what's the assessment with Dick Bradshaw please?

I have a course booked with Nathan @ HomeForestry in the next couple of weeks, but suspect that I'll need further tickets to be able to work with certain agencies e.g. upon Forestry Commission land.

Any advice/numbers/contacts would be most helpful.

hi its the fmoc 1.5 8wheel articulated and 3.2 forwarder handling loader position bunk

the contact at nptc is callum rafferty at aye ( google it and your find his number).

Dick bradshaw is the nominated assessor it all goes through callum.

i hope to have more feed back from the assessment on wed and i'll post the feed back from Dick bradshaw of the posibilities and time frame for a bespoke course for these machines .

hi its the fmoc 1.5 8wheel articulated and 3.2 forwarder handling loader position bunk

the contact at nptc is callum rafferty at aye ( google it and your find his number).

Dick bradshaw is the nominated assessor it all goes through callum.

i hope to have more feed back from the assessment on wed and i'll post the feed back from Dick bradshaw of the posibilities and time frame for a bespoke course for these machines .

Many thanks Areley. I've sent an email to Calum to request further info.

Out of interest, do you own the petrol version of the Alstor?

yes i run a 18hp alstor with telescopic bunk , joy sticks and power take off for the remote winch to get the quantities of wood to contract for people i reccomend joy sticks for slick operation . my machine is two years old but because i drive and maintain it myself the overheads for repairs has been minimal and the machine has paid it self off with ease . i have sent you my number please feel free to call me if i can be any help at all regards