Its official - the Bugatti Veyron is crap

Mr Ed

well they intended it to be the biggest poshest fastest most expensive grand tourer in the world so money doesn't really matter...and there are loads of ultima's out there...check out america's offerings, and the top 10-15 lap times on TG track.

I would say though that I don;t understand the politics behind clarksons decision not to allow it to be tested on the show, it's far more of a road car than the atom for example. But a veyron it is not..:001_tongue:

anywho, I've got work in the morning, good to see another petrol head on the site, even if he is wrong about stuff... :laugh1:

night

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm no petrol head but the other day I saw a repeat top gear, the on where JC drive the veyron back from italy and the others go in a plane.

Not once did he complain about discomfort. I bet the same journey in that Ultima would be hell.

Surely thats the difference between the two?

sorry rupe, i dont really follow the markets but when you look at the fact that each car is sold at a loss and there was all the merchandise for the veyron it was just a marketing exercise and an engineering feasibility study just to see if it could be done. I bet most of VW's money comes from skoda sales. For the merchandising , just look at the bottom of the page although i think the watch they made was going too far.

OK, you've convinced me, I'll buy a veyron.

However, on your claim that the board has 10 - 15 ultima's, lets not forget that the ultima chopped 4 seconds out of the record, and 5 seconds on the veyron...

well lets not forget then that it hasn't officially been tested on the top gear test track either...for whatever reason. I think it should be, but as of yet it hasn't. There may be insinuating circumstances for all we know, similar to porsche's comments on the nurburg lap time nissan recorded with the new gtr recently. They accused them of using semi slick tyres and race fuel etc..something which is controlled when top gear test cars themselves on their own track...did ultima do the same..??..I think they might of, the cheating barstewards... :laugh1: