One reason I use Aspen

GardenKit

At the moment I'm thinking that if AAOC can get on board at least one of the companies I listed, then I'm pretty certain I can justify continuing using it for hedgetrimming indefinitely, as the fumes are a ball-ache from pump fuel. But if I have to take time out to do repeated 20 odd mile round trips to get it, then I shan't bother. It's too much hassle, too expensive to waste my time running about especially.

£35 :shot:

I know that the Ethanol in modern petrol is a very strong solvent and will attack many materials. I have seen its effects on plastics and rubber materials and have heard that it attacks aluminium and other alloys, but have never seen these materials effected, until this example today.

Whether this corrosion is down to Ethanol is debatable, but if its not, then what caused it?

P1000612.jpg.cbf10b6a1673b0ec5fa3b3b3dd76276b.jpg

Well I've done my first full days hedgetrimming with Aspen. Initial thoughts...nothings different, one trimmer my old Fuji Robin, splutters and dies if the throttle is kept on, which is a bit of a bind, but slight adjustment tomorrow will take care of that. Other trimmers (Tanaka single side and Echo long reach) both carried on flawlessly. Now, interestingly, the only trimmer that smoked before was the Robin, the Echo and Tanaka never smoked as the fuel was always mixed by myself to 50:1.

I must admit, I'm not sold on it...yet. I like the scented aroma of the fuel, but is it worth the extra expense?

Oh, and I've never watched a fuel can empty with such sorrow before, I got through nearly £17 worth of fuel today :bawling:

Well I've done my first full days hedgetrimming with Aspen. Initial thoughts...nothings different, one trimmer my old Fuji Robin, splutters and dies if the throttle is kept on, which is a bit of a bind, but slight adjustment tomorrow will take care of that. Other trimmers (Tanaka single side and Echo long reach) both carried on flawlessly. Now, interestingly, the only trimmer that smoked before was the Robin, the Echo and Tanaka never smoked as the fuel was always mixed by myself to 50:1.

I must admit, I'm not sold on it...yet. I like the scented aroma of the fuel, but is it worth the extra expense?

Oh, and I've never watched a fuel can empty with such sorrow before, I got through nearly £17 worth of fuel today :bawling:

The real test will be when you go back to petrol Andy, I'll bet you notice the fumes then and want more Aspen.

I'm dead chuffed you have given it a try at last, keep us posted.

I am now seeing back for annual service some of the first machines I converted to Aspen. They are amazingly clean, the exhausts are totally dry, the plugs look almost as good as new and the fuel filters look brand new too. They don't really need an engine service. Aspen does not stop the hedge trimmer blades going blunt though1

Yeah cheers that was my thought from previous posts. I have another long days hedging today so It should be sorted after a few minutes. I wonder how AAOC are getting on with those numbers I gave them. I was tempted to go in and ask for it, create a demand, but hey why should I do all the work:biggrin:

I was tempted to go in and ask for it, create a demand, but hey why should I do all the work:biggrin:

There are 2 sorts of dealers (and other businesses). There are those who are 'proactive', and those who are 'reactive'

The proactive ones will become aware of a product, and say " I will be able to sell that"

The reactive ones will say "lets wait and see if anyone asks for it"

So sadly, if you want it, you, and others, may have to ask.