Noob Needs A Chainsaw.

MartinF

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience......................tomorrow............................maybe.

You guys can't wait for me to mutilate myself can you. :lol:

That's why I said to buy both, one in each hand :lol:

seriously though the 550xp may have some unseen problems and the problems that they have now. from what i can make of it some are good some are bad depends what your lucks like but you do get a 2 year warranty and by then the problems should be fixed. whereas the 346xp is tried and tested and a good saw.

Charlie

Blue is the colour !!!!!!

yes makitas (dolmars) are good i have a little dcs340 that gets abused allot i bought it on a job cheap as i had some roots to cut and didn't fancy sharpening a 24" full comp chain! runs a 12" bar and chain and cuts fine just a bit slow for me though :001_rolleyes: it even had a spell cutting thermalite blocks for a couple of months :biggrin: but then again you have the parts issue, although nothing has broken on mine

Charlie

Has there been any conclusive findings from the 560XP issues?

Is it just early saws affected or is it pot luck?

Do Huskys have a date plate on them anywhere?

It used to be just above or near the chain oil filler but more recently its tucked away on the clutch side of he saw but behind the top handle . Small black plate with white lettering .

Spoke to the missus.

It looks like we're getting a 346XP with an 18" bar and a Hushy safety kit.

I don't see any reason why you would want an 18" bar. Go for a 15" bar, which will be much easier (and safer) for your needs.

I don't see any reason why you would want an 18" bar. Go for a 15" bar, which will be much easier (and safer) for your needs.

Agreed Morten , i used the 550xp for the first time today , it was supposed to come with an 18 but arrived with a 15 . I'm glad it did because the saw i feel is just too small and light for sustained 18 inch work . I cant speak for the 346 but i would be looking at the 60cc for consistent 18 inch work . :001_smile:

I agree. An 18 would be too much for me.

I was just getting carried away because the prices from 25 to 18 is tiny.

Thanks for the info stubby.

I wonder if 2012 550XP saws have had remedial mods carried out.

Edited by MartinF
speling