Ms261ce refund?

Guss109

Hi all my 261 is still under a year old and it's had the sprocket and bearing ect replaced under warranty last month. I was useing it today and the clutch is squealing and the saw cuts out when idling :sneaky2: so I've lost faith in it now and as I see it it's not fit for purpose. So my question is has any one managed to get a refund and what do you think my chances are? I'm now thinking of going over to the dark side:evilgrin02:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all my 261 is still under a year old and it's had the sprocket and bearing ect replaced under warranty last month. I was useing it today and the clutch is squealing and the saw cuts out when idling :sneaky2: so I've lost faith in it now and as I see it it's not fit for purpose. So my question is has any one managed to get a refund and what do you think my chances are? I'm now thinking of going over to the dark side:evilgrin02:

come to the dark side,, its the way to go

Thats not good i had a 260 and regret selling it.

I would think you will be very lucky to get it changed or refund after this time but they will repair it.

Did you buy it at Kintore or Huntly?

Afraid not mate. I got it at the highland show so will have to take it back to sherrifs but will have to call them on Monday. Wouldn't be so bad but lucky if it's done 40/50 hours tops:thumbdown:

Had this conversation today with my brother while clearing fallen Alder from a stream. My family and everyone I know are Stihl. So, by default, I'm Husky. Stihl, seems to be losing something recently whereas Huskys are getting better and better.

It does help that my dad insist on using 25-1 in his saws regardless so his Stihl runs like a pig and smokes like Churchill.

I replaced the clutch rum and bearing on mine recently, if it goes again it will be going on ebay (after it has been repaired of course). I will probably replace it with a makita dcs5030, same cc, same power and slightly lighter, only £395 and since I will only be using it as a brashing and chipper saw it should be up to the task.