To Coronet or Not to Coronet, now that is a question

David Humphries

Never done them or seen any close up pics of them? Would use them if i knew how to as i can't see it taking much longer whilst doing some coro's.

Kick back city, as it's pretty much plunging the nose of a bar upright into the underside of structural branches/trunks etc......

Bats supposedly love them.

Good solid work position is the key !

I know i've got some someplace, but can't find any shots at the mo.

Will have a deeper trawl later.

Kick back city, as it's pretty much plunging the nose of a bar upright into the underside of structural branches/trunks etc......

Bats supposedly love them.

Good solid work position is the key !

I know i've got some someplace, but can't find any shots at the mo.

Will have a deeper trawl later.

Cheers for the info hope to see a picture when you find one. I reckon by the amount of tree, fungi photos you must have a few terrabites worth.

I reckon by the amount of tree, fungi photos you must have a few terrabites worth.

got pretty much everything sitting on a 250GB Toshiba external, which has about 170 GB of free space left.

If I ever lost it...........I would cry :blushing::biggrin:

I imagine the Hama probably has many, many more :001_rolleyes:

When i am in the area next (wed) i shall get some pics of a beech with kretz and merip that snapped off clean (looked like a tree surgeon had cut it off but had infact snapped in the wind). We had a tree surgeon come and coronet it for us. It looks so much more natural. He buried the bar in to the trunk in an upward direction for bats. Just gotta get in there and tidy up the brash.

When i am in the area next (wed) i shall get some pics of a beech with kretz and merip that snapped off clean (looked like a tree surgeon had cut it off but had infact snapped in the wind). We had a tree surgeon come and coronet it for us. It looks so much more natural. He buried the bar in to the trunk in an upward direction for bats. Just gotta get in there and tidy up the brash.

Look forward to them Matt :thumbup1:

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got back to the oak job we started. I didn't get as much time as i wanted to get the cuts done and reduced the limbs back so there was no overhang on the highway. Fingers crossed some of whats left will give out flurry's of epicormics as all the top was dead but where the cuts are has some healthy cambium so i'll keep taking a look over this year.

IMG_5891.jpg.dbdcccecc32b622bb71261426f322b24.jpg

IMG_5890.jpg.66a34ed1852d1e2d740ce6c8038afc3b.jpg

IMG_5889.jpg.14968aaa897bbc49e7c9c360e0c93cf7.jpg

IMG_5888.jpg.637ab203bbedb9278fda4e38edbd66a6.jpg

IMG_5887.jpg.f40d06f7be35e1929837469b8ee5f9ca.jpg

Is the Ivy staying on unsevered Ian?

Yeah i did give them a price to cut the ivy as it would result in some nasty rose/balckthorn scrambling around but they said na:thumbdown:. I am a little bit interested to see how the habitat develops when the ivy grows over it. Will it be more benifical for wildlife as there is more density to it.

Have you left ivy on any Monkey? If so did it benifit wildlife or be a little bit detrimental and you might of just left stubs?