whats the most stupid thing you've done

blue

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of years back, rushing about one evening to do some quotes.

Stopped at the local garage and filled up.

As the pump went past £60.00 I noticed the price per ltr was wrong, then I noticed the filler nozzle was GREEN (My truck prefers diesel)!

For the only time in my life I had grabbed the wrong one.

The guy in the garage was very good, he gave me the number of the local fuel recovery mob and insisted I didn't start the engine.

It cost me £120 for them to come and empty the tank.

That was £180 in all for no fuel and a two hour delay.

The guy at the garage said not to worry they get that every week.

Oh what a numpty

A couple of years back, rushing about one evening to do some quotes.

Stopped at the local garage and filled up.

As the pump went past £60.00 I noticed the price per ltr was wrong, then I noticed the filler nozzle was GREEN (My truck prefers diesel)!

For the only time in my life I had grabbed the wrong one.

The guy in the garage was very good, he gave me the number of the local fuel recovery mob and insisted I didn't start the engine.

It cost me £120 for them to come and empty the tank.

That was £180 in all for no fuel and a two hour delay.

The guy at the garage said not to worry they get that every week.

Oh what a numpty

last year i was on a big job in central london, mayfair to put it likely in the old town houses with the steps up to the front door on a fancy cresent, anyway it was a massive old ash pollard that was being felled, the only acess we had was from the front of the street up the stairs though the front door in down the hall way though the kitchen out of a small glass door and down a very tight spiral stair case. the job was going well there was 5 of us on the job for about a week taking it in turns on different roles i was dragging brash on day and rather than squeezing up the spiral stair case we climbed the ladder and posted the brush wood though the door to the next grounds man.

lets just say i forgot i was on the ladder went to turn around and walk off to pick up some more brush wood and fell to the floor below one big fall onto my bum a tad bruised but i was ok lesson learnt, actually no it was near the end of the day i did it agian but the other grounds man cought my collar of my t shirt and saved me. ooops.

loooking back it was funny but a bruised coxyx hurts guys.:001_smile:

last year i was on a big job in central london, mayfair to put it likely in the old town houses with the steps up to the front door on a fancy cresent, anyway it was a massive old ash pollard that was being felled, the only acess we had was from the front of the street up the stairs though the front door in down the hall way though the kitchen out of a small glass door and down a very tight spiral stair case. the job was going well there was 5 of us on the job for about a week taking it in turns on different roles i was dragging brash on day and rather than squeezing up the spiral stair case we climbed the ladder and posted the brush wood though the door to the next grounds man.

lets just say i forgot i was on the ladder went to turn around and walk off to pick up some more brush wood and fell to the floor below one big fall onto my bum a tad bruised but i was ok lesson learnt, actually no it was near the end of the day i did it agian but the other grounds man cought my collar of my t shirt and saved me. ooops.

loooking back it was funny but a bruised coxyx hurts guys.:001_smile:

topping out some 40 foot connifers a couple of years ago i was too busy enjoying myself to notice that i hadnt put my strop around an adequate hasrness point, and oh dear the branch beneth me gave way at such speed and therefore my anchor point ripped out. im surprised i didnt break my ass that day as i broke every branch on the way down through the middle of the hedge, luckilly the hedge was not effected astheticly as it was the dead branches in the middle. i had a sore ass but crown jewels were unscathed, whoop.

topping out some 40 foot connifers a couple of years ago i was too busy enjoying myself to notice that i hadnt put my strop around an adequate hasrness point, and oh dear the branch beneth me gave way at such speed and therefore my anchor point ripped out. im surprised i didnt break my ass that day as i broke every branch on the way down through the middle of the hedge, luckilly the hedge was not effected astheticly as it was the dead branches in the middle. i had a sore ass but crown jewels were unscathed, whoop.

A few years ago I started a BC1000, not realising that there was a MS460 in the hopper (someone had put a bunch of brushwood in with it).

Luckily, the chipper was fine. The saw ended up in a thousand tiny pieces. Somehow, the bar came out in one. The engine block was sliced clean in half. :(

Since then, I always check the hopper several times, and make sure there is literally nothing in it. Also, if see someone pushing stuff in with their hands close to the feed rollers, I make a point of giving them a broom. I cant stand seeing people face first in the hopper.

i was on a building site a number of years ago and i was paranoid as hell about my kit going missing, so of all places i popped my ms361 at the back of my truck on the access road whilst being at the back with the chipper. anyway one of the builders needed me to reverse out of the way of an incoming cement lorry. so i quickly said righto! hopped in the truck and proceeded to reverse, oh the scoring noise still haunts me when i drove over my beloved saw, argh. rather an expensive repair bill that was!

A few years ago I started a BC1000, not realising that there was a MS460 in the hopper (someone had put a bunch of brushwood in with it).

Luckily, the chipper was fine. The saw ended up in a thousand tiny pieces. Somehow, the bar came out in one. The engine block was sliced clean in half. :(

Since then, I always check the hopper several times, and make sure there is literally nothing in it. Also, if see someone pushing stuff in with their hands close to the feed rollers, I make a point of giving them a broom. I cant stand seeing people face first in the hopper.

i was on a building site a number of years ago and i was paranoid as hell about my kit going missing, so of all places i popped my ms361 at the back of my truck on the access road whilst being at the back with the chipper. anyway one of the builders needed me to reverse out of the way of an incoming cement lorry. so i quickly said righto! hopped in the truck and proceeded to reverse, oh the scoring noise still haunts me when i drove over my beloved saw, argh. rather an expensive repair bill that was!