Ms200t what's it worth

Joe Loggs

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

List it for a bit more than you want, but select the "best offer" option as well. That way, you'll get what you want for it. Trouble with 99p start is that it's a bummer when there's not enough bidding and you get much less than you want. I've had this happen to me before - expected a couple of hundred for a desirable video camera (based on what others were selling for), and only ended with £70 as it seemed everyone who wanted one had already got one!

You'll get alot more on ebay than here, i know that much! I agree with starting at 99p, it will go for just as much as if you put a reserve.

Any particular reason for this statement Alex? Personally I find it a little offensive to read such a post, when this forum is here for all to use FOC, and the only way to raise funds for it's running is through the Arbtrader section and advertising in general. As a senior member here I'd have thought you would have shown us all a little more respect, but there you go.

Now I'm all grumpy and you've messed my day up :thumbdown:

I understand. However, no matter how much it might hurt, in pure practical terms, it's a bit difficult to legislate what other commercial organisations can or cannot be mentioned simply because they either don't support this forum or at times can take revenue from it.

Plenty of times people ask on here what saw to recommend- plenty of advertisers on here sell mainstay names such as Stihl and Husqvarna, however if I were to mention a product from Efco for example surely you wouldn't object to that even if it's a brand that isn't supported by your other advertisers or are we to only mention brands that are supported by your paying sponsors/advertisers?

Of course not, we do not wish to go down that route. It's one thing recommending a brand of saw, or clothing, and quite another to suggest that advertising on Arbtalk won't raise you as much money, ie openly criticising a service thats been very good to many of it's membership. More a case of having principles I suppose.