Hedge reduction pics wanted

Rupe

Hi all.

I am after some help if possible, I need some pictures to show a client how her hedge might look once reduced. She has some lawson cypress, never been reduce before and she thinks they will look the same as they do now but smaller.

I know she is a fussy customer and I want her to see that they will look gappy when done. I explained that some of the greenery below the line that she wants will be coming from the truncks of the trees above the line and will therefore be reomoved.

Also, with the tope gone, light will come in and the gaps in the side will show up even more. She doesnt really get what I am saying so photos would help!

I am not particularly trying to win this job, I would prefer to leave the trees or fell the lot, so bad photos are just as usefull, but before and after would be good. I just need to be able to show realistically what they might look like.

Also, if anyone has bad photos that they would rather not show then pm me and I'll give an e mail to use and I promise they wont end up on this site!!

Great hedge reduction phots might also be good, as long as they show how the remaining section never looks as dense as they (customers) think it would do.

Yes, anything you can find would be good. You know how see through a perfectly executed hedge reduction can be, but customers dont get it!!

The other day she (we) looked at the hedge and she put her arm up to cover the top third of the hedge and said I want it to look like what I can see under my arm!

The other problem is that the trees are in a circle with very little greenery on the inside of the circle apart from the top third!! Its gonna look a mess!! I'll do it, but only if I can show some photos of how gappy it will look!

Anything anyone has to show this would be mucho appreciated!

Lawsons always look crap when toped so I have never taken photos . Those droopy long bits always make them look gapy and take a few years to fill I. But they can look ok if constantly trimmed as I'm sure you know !no help at all but maybe showing your customer the response to thread will make her fell them and plant some thing more suitable!

I think they are nearly fifty years old and never been reduced! Fellign them all and replanting with Leylandii (not a serious suggestion) would make a nicer hedge quicker than these lawson will ever look nice (Bad english there, sorry!!)

Agreed, I dotn heve any photos either for exactly the same reason! Not worth photographing.

Great thanks, sorry I missed this post. I think you have done a good job there, almost too good! I dont think the ones I am quoting for will be that good, so maybe I had better not show them this photo.