Insurance pay out

Ian C

As most of you will know over the last 6 weeks or so i have been turned over twice by thieving gets, well i have been done again, this time legally by the insurance company. My tools which amounted to about 7k new prices are not covered, even though it says unlimited buisness tools on the policey, theres a get out clause that says buisness tools are office equiptment (lap tops, pc etc) unless notified.:sneaky2:

I am fighting this decision but don't hold much hope of a pay out, and the loss adjuster was sooo anal about it, could of put her through the chipper to be honest.

check the small print or they will have you!

Royal sun alliance is the company but there all just as bad really.......:thumbdown:

at least Dick Turpin worn a mask when he robbed ya (she didnt think it was funny)

NFU here too. Most excellent company to deal with.

As for RSA, they are true arseholes. I had an old couple claim that a piece of scrap metal fell off my chip truck and damaged their car. It was a brand new Iveco truck, no way it came off my truck, and this was confirmed by the plod that pulled me. They were insured with RSA, and they took legal action over the damage - the bill for which came to £28...

Had to pay a solicitor to fight it, and it probably cost RSA about £600 in legal fees. Idiots. What I do remember is their extremely belligerent attitude.

sorry to hear your bad news.

We got turned over a few weeks back, just had saws but it makes me sick thinking the thieving gits will return.

We're with Trust on new for old. It took 2 weeks but the cheque came no problem, just always have to remember to give serial numbers of new kit and adjust policy or its not covered

As most of you will know over the last 6 weeks or so i have been turned over twice by thieving gets, well i have been done again, this time legally by the insurance company. My tools which amounted to about 7k new prices are not covered, even though it says unlimited buisness tools on the policey, theres a get out clause that says buisness tools are office equiptment (lap tops, pc etc) unless notified.:sneaky2:

I am fighting this decision but don't hold much hope of a pay out, and the loss adjuster was sooo anal about it, could of put her through the chipper to be honest.

check the small print or they will have you!

Royal sun alliance is the company but there all just as bad really.......:thumbdown:

at least Dick Turpin worn a mask when he robbed ya (she didnt think it was funny)

We had a leak in the loft in our empty house that destroyed the rear of the property, Royal Sun Alliance were the underwriters and tried to wriggle out of it at every stage , i have kept on at them for 6-7 weeks and finally got the claim through even though i was given a reason why it shouldnt everytime i called, they will slime there way out if they can so just keep pestering them saying you know what my biz is and what i needed insurance for....

GOOD LUCK AND KEEP PESTERING, also ask to listen to previous calls etc..

about 10yrs ago i had a shed break and lost a stihl 036,claimed on house insurance with nationwide,put me straight in touch with "authorised dealer" who i dealt with anyway,asked for new saw and guy said "sure thats all you lost?"nudge,wink,"didn't lose a set of snap on spanners or a leaf blower then?" trying to bump up the claim i suppose.i was tempted but too honest and in hindsight should have reported them.soon after i tried to take out a policy with the NFU and the first question they asked was "any criminal record?" my reply was sadly "well yes,minor,years ago you understand!" held no water,wouldn't even quote!!

I agree with ChrisTreeRoot: keep perstering them. When you took out your policy, did the company ask you to specify the items to be covered? If not, I would probably argue that one is a tree business so of course there are chainsaws etc to cover and office equipment is minimal. I would consider mentioning that if they are not going to cover the claim that your next phone call is going to be to the FSA, and mention mis-selling on their part. If I was paying my premiums promptly, as agreed, there is no way I would let this rest until I received a payout. I would also speak directly with the insurance company if the loss adjuster is part of an independent company. A loss adjuster is supposed to help walk you through the claim, not argue you out of it. Speak with the loss adjuster's manager, or any one in a senior position, if she is part of Sun Alliance (take names of everyone with whom you speak and when) And go through your policy, again,with a fine toothed comb.

My experience of such things is that you have to be insistant, and keep prodding away, working on the premise that none of the people or companies invloved actually care about you or your theft, only you care,and only you have an interest in ensuring you receive reimbursement for your loss.

We had nearly £19,000 of equipment stolen last year, it took nearly four months for us to recoup the amount in full, due to the loss adjuster not doing his job.