Wake up Dean !!

Dean Lofthouse

Went out to the garage at 6.30 this morning, loaded saws, hooked up the chipper and pulled it out of the garage. It felt to hold back a bit, thought it was a wire cable from the Tirfor under the wheel so I gave it a bit more gas and pulled the roller shutter off :sad:

Going to have to work for the next two or three week for nowt :mad1:

The door is remote and for some reason didn't go all the way up, me being half asleep and doing it routinely every day didn't think to check.

Expecting a quote for £1500 ish

008.jpg.71168ee8c6d31216daf892e50f7e09bd.jpg

Ouch. I take it you cant streighten it?

I used to drive an old 12 wheel 30ton tipper on a grain plant, I used to fill up with the loadall and drive a couple of hundred yards to a different shed reverse in and tip, day in day out for weeks. When tipping the stour used to go everywhere and it was dark in the shed so I used to time the tipper coming down and then set off after 20 seconds or so. One morning the truck had developed some sort of problem and the tipper was slow coming down... same thing only on a bigger scale.

The door wont straighten because it's one of those double skin insulated ones, I've managed to get it all back together and secure, I put all the damaged ones up on the top rows.

The door guys came straight out and are preparing a quote for a complete new door as I have also bent the side channels :bored:

You're not alone Dean... Working as a corn-carter in my youth, I managed to drive (at pace) out of a barn with the grain trailer at half-tip height and beat the whole front of the barn off! The farm manager was very understanding (considering he was walking out of the barn door as the door frame and 2 large slider doors smashed to the floor 10 feet in front of him!) as he had just switched the hydraulic pipes around without telling me!

You live and learn...