Echo? Echo!

James_skingley

I run both the Stihl and Echo top handled saws. The Stihl is marginally more powerful, the Echo is lighter with a quirky handle. I have replaced the handle on the Echo twice - easy to do and not expensive. It might have been redesigned by now as my saw is over 5 years old. I rate it and good price as well.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a echo cs330t had it for 3 years now brillent little saw has taken a few hard knocks i iven droped it from 35ft and it even brake anything runs sweet havent even serived it once and got a few others i have the cs4200es 15inch bar super light and it do get some hard work just last week nocked down 54 connies with it and then got the super light cs2700 with 10inch bar for topping hedges

Recently my ms200 went kaput on a job and the guy I worked with lent me his Echo,

guess what? it was not too bad, for reductions and light work I ended up quite liking it.

the big differnce is power, on large sections it it cannot compare with the Stihl, and when the job finished I bought another MS; but the Echo is not a bad saw when you look at the price.

My neighbor is in the tree biz and he takes both a Stihl 200T and an Echo top handle up in the bucket with him. He said the Echo gets better fuel economy and the Stihl cuts bigger wood. He just bought another 200T and it was 700 bucks (US) and he wishes the Echos were a tad stronger running because they are over 1/2 as much. I told him i am going to modify a new Echo and see if the gap gets any closer...Bob