ms200t..........................HELP!

Martyn Amos

hi chaps

wonder if anyone has any thoughts

2 beefy birch to come down tomorrow,been up the garage to sort out the kit and make sure all saws are sharp and running tidy BUT! 200T is not,bloody typical..:001_rolleyes:

2008 model,always run well,never had any probs,had a look at the usual suspects,air filter,plug,etc

lets cut to the chase,starts up and ticks over,but give it thottle and it bogs down,its like when you have run out of fuel and refill and it take a little bit for the fuel to pull through,you can get it to full revs but have to push the thottle trigger slowly,if you try to quick with the trigger it just bogs down and cuts out

anythoughts please thanks martyn:thumbup:

my mate has give me a loan of his 200t (hes a diamond) so job can go ahead,i must get a backup saw:001_huh:

hi sam

thanks for quick response:thumbup:

have not noticed any fuel leak

Try running it stationary I didn't notice mine at first, does it run fine when running on full throttle for 10 seconds or so. Could be cracked lines could be more serious.

Right - the quick fix, turn the L screw anti clockwise 1/4 turn and adjust the idle accordingly, that will fix it but may mask other issues.

The bad news is that the symptoms may be a hole in the inlet boot or a cracked impulse line.

Personally I would turn the L screw all the way in clockwise and then turn it out 1 turn anti clockwise and try it again, it may just be badly adjusted and 1 turn out is the factory setting.

Make sure the air filter is clean.

Other things that may be bad -

Gauze filter in the pumping section of the carb

Blocked breather - just loosen the fuel cap and see if it makes a difference, if it cures the issue - bingo!

It could be a holed fuel line, blocked fuel filter, soft fuel line etc.

If the saw has a steady idle, it is unlikely to be the faulty accelerator pump in the Zama carb.

If you need it looked at - PM me.

Wot Spud says:thumbup:

And dont get thinking about new carbs yet, yes they do give trouble, but not this trouble if your description is correct.

You will almost certainly fix the bogging down with Spuds tuning of L, but be aware that if you are masking a fault such as a split in the inlet manifold, then the WOT will be weak. You really dont want this so either check it if you are able or get it checked by someone who knows. (someone like Spud)