My birthday present!!!

Tree-Fela

Yep shes a keeper!

I was also under the impression that new kit required a pre use inspection, cert of conormity or not! and that one has to keep a record of weekly inspections for wear and tear issues?

we cant use stuff at work till it has been pre inspected and added to the LOLER weekly inspection book/routine?

Thats why i have booked it in next week so it can be checked over, with this do i have to create a system to write down any faults or cuts on the rope so when it comes upto its next inspection. I am not sure on this loler as we havent covered a great deal whilst in college so i dont really know what the full details are.

<div id="fb-root"></div>

<script>(function(d, s, id) {

var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];

if (d.getElementById(id)) return;

js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id;

js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1";

fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);

}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

Weekly LOLER Climbing kit Inspection Records (2).docx

Hamadryad do i do all the inspecting and when the inspection is due just hand that in when its getting inspected.

I am not LOLER certified basicaly I have to weekly check my kit and record it on those sheets, then every six months an official LOLER certified inspector checks it thoroughly, I dont know why WE have to do this weekly and it drives me insane as it is the most boring and tedious of jobs I have to do.

were a AAAC (arb association approved contractor) so maybe we have to do a little more than anyone else? dunno

Personaly I find it rather patronising to have to do this weekly when I am as familiar with the condition of my own kit as I am the back of my hand! To suggest one might climb with suspect kit and risk falling from hieght is beyond me it REALLY is. But I guess there are those that are blazay and hence we have to work as though we too was a bunch of numpties like those who would!:biggrin:

I dont work for companies i tend to do all my own work from various sources and i just thought it would be better to have it than not have it the person whose gunna do is gunna do for cheap because he said its brand new nothing will need checking really but will give it the once over jsut to make sure.

Whilst i do agree with the point of inspections in kit i think that your point exactly is why these records arent required as you arent going to risk your life or put yours or others in harms way by using a dodgy kit.

I came home today from work to find that my other half has decied to get me my first climbing kit.

All thanks to gustharts for there help she said they was so helpful.

Just astounded me that she thought il buy him his climbing kit so me is a happy boy, booked it in to be lolered next week so its then safe to use whilst out at work.

THANKS GUSTHARTS

No worries, pleased to be of service. She knows where to come at Christmas now:thumbup:

I am not LOLER certified basicaly I have to weekly check my kit and record it on those sheets, then every six months an official LOLER certified inspector checks it thoroughly, I dont know why WE have to do this weekly and it drives me insane as it is the most boring and tedious of jobs I have to do.

were a AAAC (arb association approved contractor) so maybe we have to do a little more than anyone else? dunno

Personaly I find it rather patronising to have to do this weekly when I am as familiar with the condition of my own kit as I am the back of my hand! To suggest one might climb with suspect kit and risk falling from hieght is beyond me it REALLY is. But I guess there are those that are blazay and hence we have to work as though we too was a bunch of numpties like those who would!:biggrin:

agreed

to think that someone using climbing rope doesn't know if there are any dinks in it is beyond me,

Also- how does a loler inspector know when a rope has been involved in a fall/stretch

It must remain personal responsibility- why all this cr*p

Covering asses no doubt but that is just stupid.