price for tonn bag of split logs

treechopper90

how much should i be charging for a tonn bag full of split wood, about 80% hard wood and its been seasoned for about a year now? cheers.:thumbup:

Find out how much the suppliers are selling theirs for in and around your area.

No point being a lot dearer than them .

Here in Suffolk I've seen prices range from £35-£85 depending on who's selling, a massive difference in prices and also in the quality of the product in the bags. Quantity at one sale meant that the contents on a tonne bag easily fitted in the back of a Renault Clio, without affecting the suspension, so that gives you an idea as to how little wood was actually in the bag!

You should charge the cost of buying, processing and deliveriing your logs plus an appropriate profit margin.

well said marko.

so don't be a fool. sell dry logs.

£60 a builders bag, £100 m3 bag MINIMUM.

look at certainly woods prices. 8000t per year, at a poor 20% moisture.

ignore the haveago harrys and dreamy tree surgeons prices.

quality always sells, if slowly. drop your price and be a busy fool for a year until you get fed up or wake up .

TIME AND MOTION studies and costings are enlightening .

i dont charge enough.

just been to dentist £45 ,15 minutes. keep me warm for a couple of weeks,not.

nail bar.

hair. PEOPLE WILL HAVE TO RE-PRIORITIZE ON FOOD AND HEAT

First off i think you want to forget the "tonne bag" thing, to give you an idea i sell tote bags of aggregates (80x80x80) that works out at .512 of a cube, and i also sell animal feed in totes(90x90x90) that is .729 of a cube, but when i sell logs i put them in a cubic meter bag which is more or less twice the sie of the agg bag and i do this so people know what they are getting.

My neighbour bought a tipper load from someone else about a month ago, they are still outside in a pile uncovered and so far unused.

That tells a tale to me, obviously cheaper, but so wet they are unusable.

There,s no point buying my fully seasoned logs and then leaving them outside in the rain (-: