discount?????

bulklog

ive got a customer thats had a few loads thats he sells on, we sell him the bulk bag and he sells it ny the small net,

we charge 45 quid normally for a bulk bag of dry softwood,

now he wants 10 bulk bags what sort of discount would you give i did 3 last time at 40 each which is really cheap i think...

he did say he could take say 4 dry and the rest fresh cut and store it himself for next year??

so do i do the same deal for the 4 at 40 quid and say 35 for the rest fresh cut ?

or is that too cheap?

i can sell it all day at 45 for the dry round here???

suppose at the end of the day ill make a decision but what do you lot think??

thanks

steve

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive got a customer thats had a few loads thats he sells on, we sell him the bulk bag and he sells it ny the small net,

we charge 45 quid normally for a bulk bag of dry softwood,

now he wants 10 bulk bags what sort of discount would you give i did 3 last time at 40 each which is really cheap i think...

he did say he could take say 4 dry and the rest fresh cut and store it himself for next year??

so do i do the same deal for the 4 at 40 quid and say 35 for the rest fresh cut ?

or is that too cheap?

i can sell it all day at 45 for the dry round here???

suppose at the end of the day ill make a decision but what do you lot think??

thanks

steve

You shouldn't really sell the green for less as your costs aren't any lower. I would sell them to him @ £40 per bag if you are happy with that. The other thing to consider is how much affect he has on your market share. :001_smile:

You shouldn't really sell the green for less as your costs aren't any lower. I would sell them to him @ £40 per bag if you are happy with that. The other thing to consider is how much affect he has on your market share. :001_smile:

The seasoned wood was green once so took the same effort to process, so why would it be cheaper!

45 quid each for the 3 seasoned (maybe less if he's a really good customer) and 40 quid each for the unseasoned.

Explain gone back to normal price on the seasoned as thats how much they are, and theyre 40 quid for the unseasoned and over the 7 bags is a good discount.

The seasoned wood was green once so took the same effort to process, so why would it be cheaper!

45 quid each for the 3 seasoned (maybe less if he's a really good customer) and 40 quid each for the unseasoned.

Explain gone back to normal price on the seasoned as thats how much they are, and theyre 40 quid for the unseasoned and over the 7 bags is a good discount.

I never said it should be. Quite the opposite, in fact. :confused1:

Is he really saveing it till next year or taking advantage of the cold snap. He could be competeing with you on price and you are doing most of the work.

I agree, there is a lot of difference between 3 bags and 10! also he's a local firewood chap aswell, why let him take credit for your product? Customers may say, "X" sells really good wood, and reccomend there "friend" etc to him.

Maybe stick to your guns and sell, both seasoned and un seasoned at 45? depends how you want to do it :)