If you dont ask ?????

predator

Mate, I'm just saying what I enjoy out of life. I worked indoors for many years, all I wanted to do was tree work. I now do it, and I enjoy it. I enjoy cooking up lunch on an open fire, fresh fish, bacon and eggs, chilli, curry and more. The simplest things in life, yet the best. You may prefer something else, but find what YOU like and enjoy it, that's all. :001_smile:

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANKS ANDY

the brew thing sounds good as for grub on the fire etc i would end up bloated and work like a slug afterwards bet it tasts of smokey wood too

i could do with a big mug of motivation tea to be honest and someone to boss about to help me splitting my logs etc

thanks for the info on the willow too i thought is was a duff wood for burning etc as i,am new to all this wood thing and still learning etc thanks again everyone you,ve been more helpful than anyone in the last 2 years i feel better talking about it

The reason people think willow is no good is that it holds a lot of water when freshly felled and burns quick when dry. Most wood is good when it is dry so if your friend wants to give you his 'duff' wood, take as much as he will give you. :thumbup1:

Shame you werent closer to me predator, would happily spend a day doing logs with you and then get you to spend some time doing my log mountian - endless tea, bacon rolls and food on offer along with plenty laughs :thumbup1: motivate each other into doing the logs

i love the sound of chilli etc but got no bog it would have to be a spade job but have probbs with cameras around me lol got be careful when i get caught short moving clay etc have to use a blind spot lol side of my jeep then do a bit off muck shifting as my plots in full view of 2 cameras its worse when theres no leaves on the trees etc but when you got to go you gorra go

Hey Predator, what I would do in your shoes, is get down your plot, cut your wood, split your wood, light a small fire and boil up a brew, sit and cook up some bacon and eggs in an old pan, it's surprising how good such a simple thing can make you feel. All the best :thumbup1:

Yep must do some of that myself,& maybe just camp there the night,felixthe chopper knows my field,its a great place to just sit & listen to the evening with gentle a fire.:001_smile:

GOOD NEWS

Geoff rang me today the lost boots have turned up thank god for that i,am so relieved now i was on such a guilt trip etc over them going missing etc

hell of a nice chap by the way and been very understanding on the phone thanks geoff