bought my first chipper

testcricket01

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greaseable flywheel bearings :thumbup1:

you need a trailer test to tow it though :( because its braked

I've been trying to look into this and can't find the legislation on it not being braked. All I can find is a maximum permission mass of 750kg - its doesn't mention braked or unbraked? So is it an assumption that it's unbraked because of its low gross weight or is it the law. Just curious:confused1:

I've been trying to look into this and can't find the legislation on it not being braked. All I can find is a maximum permission mass of 750kg - its doesn't mention braked or unbraked? So is it an assumption that it's unbraked because of its low gross weight or is it the law. Just curious:confused1:

i think its just assumed because trailers over a certain weight need to be braked and without that licence you can only tow upto 750kg braked or unbraked as far as i no of.

i think its just assumed because trailers over a certain weight need to be braked and without that licence you can only tow upto 750kg braked or unbraked as far as i no of.

That's what I,m taking out of it also - so if I get stopped I,m blaming you and if you get stopped you can blame me.

We've got three different chippers now and I could still stand and watch them grab a big branch, drag it in and fire out a load of chip the other side all day. They truely are an amazing bit of kit.

You need to get a few pictures of her on your website now for those flying chip shots

About the shoot folding - there's a picture of one in this months Esential Arb or Forestry Journal of a company called Touching Wood - their chipper shoot looks like it has some sort of spring loading on it - could it be a hinging device?

Good luck with the chipper:thumbup:

Edited by Gareth Dalzell

That's what I,m taking out of it also - so if I get stopped I,m blaming you and if you get stopped you can blame me.

We've got three different chippers now and I could still stand and watch them grab a big branch, drag it in and fire out a load of chip the other side all day. They truely are an amazing bit of kit.

You need to get a few pictures of her on your website now for those flying chip shots

About the shoot folding - there's a picture of one in this months Esential Arb or Forestry Journal of a company called Touching Wood - their chipper shoot looks like it has some sort of spring loading on it - could it be a hinging device?

Good luck with the chipper:thumbup:

yer i dont mind blame me lol

yer i cant wait to get it i sent off the paper work all signed yesterday so shouldnt be long before i can go get it/ get it delivered cant wait like a little kid on xmas eve the last few days and for a few more days to come i expect :laugh1:

This is interesting :)

Driver's Licences

Holders of driving licences issued before July 1996 and providing that they have Group A or if after 1990, category B, are entitled to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to a maximum train weight of 8.25 tons.

Holders of car licences issued after July 1996 can tow a 750kg unbraked trailer or if heavier trailers are towed, a vehicle and trailer combination of up to 3500 kg. Assuming that the trailer and its load are lighter than the towing vehicle. i.e. a 2000 kg. vehicle with a 1500 kg trailer.

Our super lightweight Derby horse trailer that is plated at 1700 kg. and has a capacity of 1025 kg. This can be towed by an 1800kg car on a new licence or the trailer can also be plated at 1300kg if only one horse is loaded for use with lighter towing vehicles.

Holders of new licences can upgrade to tow larger trailers by taking another test, B+E for trailers or a better option would be a C1 licence for 7.5 tonne vehicles which would allow them to use trailers up to 3500kg behind suitable vehicles or 750kg behind a 7.5 tonne vehicle.

Driver's Licences

Holders of driving licences issued before July 1996 and providing that they have Group A or if after 1990, category B, are entitled to drive a vehicle and trailer combination up to a maximum train weight of 8.25 tons.

Holders of car licences issued after July 1996 can tow a 750kg unbraked trailer or if heavier trailers are towed, a vehicle and trailer combination of up to 3500 kg. Assuming that the trailer and its load are lighter than the towing vehicle. i.e. a 2000 kg. vehicle with a 1500 kg trailer.

Our super lightweight Derby horse trailer that is plated at 1700 kg. and has a capacity of 1025 kg. This can be towed by an 1800kg car on a new licence or the trailer can also be plated at 1300kg if only one horse is loaded for use with lighter towing vehicles.

Holders of new licences can upgrade to tow larger trailers by taking another test, B+E for trailers or a better option would be a C1 licence for 7.5 tonne vehicles which would allow them to use trailers up to 3500kg behind suitable vehicles or 750kg behind a 7.5 tonne vehicle.

You see the "unbraked" bit, thats the bit I can't find in the Highway Code, Govt Direct website and I've just pulled out my license and I can only find the words "up to 750kg" - I,m not finding the words "unbraked" anywhere. I've even checked the ifor williams website FAQ and still no reference. :confused1:

Driver's Licences

normal load of sh*t then its all to complicated, why is it any different if your towing horses thats what i want to no :thumbdown: