royal marines mission afghanistan

sussexlad

Bloody Hell !!

An hours violent contact with the Taliban ... Their rocket launchers fall short...

Big mistake, Apache helicopter comes in .... All becomes silent.

Despite this the young men being lost is depressing.. how on earth these guys keep their spirit is beyond me.. Thats why they are there and I'm here i suppose.

indeed, those apaches are serious piece of kit. the best sound a soldier on the ground can hear when in contact!!

although the progress is slow, its reasuring to see at least some of the locals will help out, and lead them away from IEDs.

The lads keep each other going, aswell as the dark humour. joking about the dire situations they are in is the best way to get through it.

(i should say im ex royal marine and did 2 tours in 06/07)

its very sobering to hear of them being killed, and also so many injured you dont hear about. i was just saying to my mrs how i recognised the lad talking at the end when the narrator said he had been hit by an IED 2 weeks later and now has body and brain damage. had a whiskey after that.

indeed, those apaches are serious piece of kit. the best sound a soldier on the ground can hear when in contact!!

although the progress is slow, its reasuring to see at least some of the locals will help out, and lead them away from IEDs.

The lads keep each other going, aswell as the dark humour. joking about the dire situations they are in is the best way to get through it.

(i should say im ex royal marine and did 2 tours in 06/07)

its very sobering to hear of them being killed, and also so many injured you dont hear about. i was just saying to my mrs how i recognised the lad talking at the end when the narrator said he had been hit by an IED 2 weeks later and now has body and brain damage. had a whiskey after that.

It got me really thinking about things that last night . None more so than that Apache helicopter . I have simply seen no other machine capable of such destruction on an epic scale. Should the guy that designed this piece of kit be honoured ? Dishonoured ? As you say as soon as the boys seen it they new it was all over , I'm sure the taliban new this aswell. It descended from the sky like a black cross of death , the silence afterwards was chilling to an outsider but I'm sure music to the ears of our boys.

The boy you knew was/is a real character and my heart sank when it was clear this wasnt going to be a happy ending but was overjoyed when at least he was not killed , brave brave boys..

Got quite a few friends in the forces, one of whom has recently returned from Afhan/Stan/ghan.

Those lads are one of the worlds Elite fighting units, Royal Marine Commandos, to be having to deal with that sh*t on a daily basis must be gut wrenching and morale draining but they do it for each other.

They'd happily fight an enemy they can see, but you can't fight hidden bombs, IEDS and w***kers who use kids to do their dirty work.

My thoughts are with them all the way.

Come home safe lads.

Got quite a few friends in the forces, one of whom has recently returned from Afhan/Stan/ghan.

Those lads are one of the worlds Elite fighting units, Royal Marine Commandos, to be having to deal with that sh*t on a daily basis must be gut wrenching and morale draining but they do it for each other.

They'd happily fight an enemy they can see, but you can't fight hidden bombs, IEDS and w***kers who use kids to do their dirty work.

My thoughts are with them all the way.

Come home safe lads.

One of the soldiers said it was about 10% cause , 90% for each other , that sort of tells you alot .

It got me really thinking about things that last night . None more so than that Apache helicopter . I have simply seen no other machine capable of such destruction on an epic scale. Should the guy that designed this piece of kit be honoured ? Dishonoured ? As you say as soon as the boys seen it they new it was all over , I'm sure the taliban new this aswell. It descended from the sky like a black cross of death , the silence afterwards was chilling to an outsider but I'm sure music to the ears of our boys.

The boy you knew was/is a real character and my heart sank when it was clear this wasnt going to be a happy ending but was overjoyed when at least he was not killed , brave brave boys..

Too right.

Massive respect lads.