Security!! Its not a dirty word.

larry

Ladies & Gents.

After work on Saturday, I wanted to to grab a shower, and get the the pub for the rugby!! But, I made sure all the saw etc were stowed and locked away and the hand tools were secure.

Next morning, I found the tool locker on the side of the truck had been forced open. I was fuming. Called Police. Usual respoonse from the force!!:thumbdown:

However. I thanked my stars that I had stowed and secured all the kit. Thankfull for small mercies!!!!! The door and lock must be replaced but thats it. Aside that some scum broke into my truck!!!! My baby. My livelyhood!!!!

So people, take those extra few minutes at the end of the day, Its worth it.

All the best.:001_smile:

Larry.

Get a thunder B airsoft grenade. Fill it with any sort of ink or dye powder, set it up in your toolbox when you lock up, they blow at over 130db and will cover anyone with the powdered ink thats tough to shift. Not fatal and wont set fuel alight or damage gear.

Or get a buggered but sound looking saw. split the plug lead and lengthen. hollow the back of the exhaust so you can drill down into the oil tank and tap a plug into it. Half fill tank with a mix of washing powder and petrol. Fill the fuel tank the same and install a plug in there to. cut threads of fuel caps but glue them in place.

They can steal it, but will regret trying to start it.

Scum!

Im glad you did take those few extra minutes to stow your gear. I have often thought ''it will be ok, I will just do it later'' thankfully my brain has always engaged and i have mad sure to do what you did.

It only takes a minute or two for them to cause you so much greif.

I like the idea of the grenade in the tool store and leaving an empty box open also makes alot of sense

i was once lucky enough to catch a known local scumbag breaking into my van!

Funny thing about it was he actually seemed surprised when the headbutt i launched at him landed sweet on the end of his nose, volleyed him round the carpark for a good 5mins after that just to make sure he got the message that i was trying to put across. best part was when a local copper stopped me a few days later and congratulated me on my handy work.

shame it cant be like that every time and you catch them in the act, and i can honestly say that my reaction would be the same every time.

Edited by Nellybelly
spelling

this whole security thing is causing me loss of sleep right now wondering how i can make my trailer more secure cause less than quarter a mile away last week a trailer went walkies overnite.

currently got a chain over entrance, steel posts set in huge lumps of concrete with hardened chain and padlock, insurance approved hitchlock, insurance approved wheel clamp, locking wheel nut on every wheel and a bloudy huge chain round drawbar and padlock buried in many feet of concrete with steel pins below ground to make lifting out a pain,

now feel its barely enough. it sucks