Are there any decent companies in the northwest to work for?

swinny

Good afternoon, for starters please don't take my title the wrong way, i do not mean there are no good companies in the north west!

What i do mean is:

Are there any companies in the north west, that are good to work for, do interesting jobs and good to learn from? to work with a team that is keen to work and all aspects of the job?

Did that make any sence?

Currently looking for another company to sub to within 25 miles of barnoldswick, lancs :) would like to go north than south :)

Cheers

Good afternoon, for starters please don't take my title the wrong way, i do not mean there are no good companies in the north west!

What i do mean is:

Are there any companies in the north west, that are good to work for, do interesting jobs and good to learn from? to work with a team that is keen to work and all aspects of the job?

Did that make any sence?

Currently looking for another company to sub to within 25 miles of barnoldswick, lancs :) would like to go north than south :)

Cheers

We've recently approved a number of business 'up north', which is great, and hence it might be worth contacting them. See:

North West - Arboricultural Association

and

North East - Arboricultural Association

Good luck..!

Paul

Hi paul, I'm not trying to be funny our difficult in any way shape or form but however "good" the company may be at doing the work doesn't mean that they are a good employer!

I for certain, without naming names, would not want to work for at least 2 companies on that list for the north west, regardless of AA approval our not, sure to employment conditions and pay.

Does that make sense?

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

Hi paul, I'm not trying to be funny our difficult in any way shape or form but however "good" the company may be at doing the work doesn't mean that they are a good employer!

I for certain, without naming names, would not want to work for at least 2 companies on that list for the north west, regardless of AA approval our not, sure to employment conditions and pay.

Does that make sense?

Yup, perfic, n regardless of the typo...how you doin Rob?

I acknowledge that the fact they are ARB Approved doesn't give any gaurantee of a good employer but at least it shows they are aware of what H&S compliance is and (hopefully) keeping their employees safe.

Conditions of employment, whilst covered by a whole raft of HR regs, and pay rates aren't part of the ArbAC standards and I don't think you'll find many arb businesses out there with the IIP award (Investors in People).

Cheers..

Paul

things are going good paul thanks, and I fully understand what your saying and I do agree with the AA recommended contractor scheme, but you can never tell if they are a good employer or not unfortunately.

To be honest I hadn't really heard of or looked for the IIP, maybe it should be more advertised or promoted??

Hope things are well with yourself too

Cheers:biggrin:

Rob