Argon cylinder refill (( not }}

predator

god why is it such a pain to get gas i bought myself a mig welder and got a 5ft cylinder for my repairs etc as i wont go down the pub bottle route etc . I cant get a refill without an account etc please tell how on earth did you get round this problem as its grinding me down now i dont want an account i want some gas lol. For the odd welding job my garden gate or my exhaust or odd bit of angle iron welding etc its just a real pain i,ve worn google out today searching

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try get your hands on a spare bottle.

Open a boc account, get a full bottle and take them back the empty a month later, then when your bottle runs out of gas just go and get a bottle on account then take back the empty one a month later again.

That way you only pay for gas, and save on cylinder rental

god why is it such a pain to get gas i bought myself a mig welder and got a 5ft cylinder for my repairs etc as i wont go down the pub bottle route etc . I cant get a refill without an account etc please tell how on earth did you get round this problem as its grinding me down now i dont want an account i want some gas lol. For the odd welding job my garden gate or my exhaust or odd bit of angle iron welding etc its just a real pain i,ve worn google out today searching

This took me all of 30 seconds to find

welding Gases - Argon 5% CO2 9Ltr - (Powered by CubeCart)

Try get your hands on a spare bottle.

Open a boc account, get a full bottle and take them back the empty a month later, then when your bottle runs out of gas just go and get a bottle on account then take back the empty one a month later again.

That way you only pay for gas, and save on cylinder rental

Not that easy any more Dean, the sneaky buggers have started bar coding and RFID tagging the bottles.

Andy

This took me all of 30 seconds to find

welding Gases - Argon 5% CO2 9Ltr - (Powered by CubeCart)

thanks but no thanks as i,ve gone for a larger bottle as them things only hold a gob full of gas i,am after welding not driving to n from haydock for gas every time i want to use the welder i,ve tried this rout with my mates welder and there aint nothing worse than running outa gas half way through etc i know its a pain

Rental of bottles works out real expensive. I have found a company who charge a deposit of £30 on a bottle, a £48 'right of use ' for 3 yrs, and £28 per refill.

Its a smallish bottle, about 3ft high, can't remember the litres.

Its called 'garage gas' and is an argon/co2 mix

I dont do a lot of welding, only smallish jobs 2 or 3 times a week, Ive had this bottle 14 months and its still got plenty left.

If you are using gas quickly, you are either doing a hell of a lot of welding, or more commonly have the regulator much to high.