What is it with the ms200t

Rich2484

Last quote for 200t carb I had was 85 plus vat.

It is easier to replace carb, good luck finding any 020 carbs about, if you got them keep them.

Was told that an a type carb is the best to find as they have less chance to fail but not sure how accurate that is as I have never seen an a type carb.

Think I will look into the 201 see if they are any good now it's been nearly a year.

I carry a couple of new c1Q S16A carbs in stock (as per 020T). PM me if you want a price at any time.

Thats right, the earlier carbs accelerator pumps were brass and wear, letting air in to the metering section, usual symptoms ar unstable idle and uneven midrange. The later carbs had stainless pumps and sorted the problem....or at least we think so.

There is a fix but it isn't an easy one so don't ask:001_rolleyes:

It is almost impossible to get to the pump!

The later carbs are still pigs, my saw is developing the same un reliable running.

I've been to Stihl and done a technicians course (you would not think so from the state of my saw) and I was told that they sent a memo to all Stihl dealers to replace faulty carbs free of charge within 12 months, unfortunatly it seems most Stihl dealerships lost this memo.

I keep meaning to call Stihl and rage at them, but alas i'll probably just buy an original carb without the accelerator pump. I'll be looking with intrest at how people find the new Husky once its around, i've heard many positive mumblings about it.

The 201 just looks wrong to me and i fear its another dog like the woefull 441 I hazard a guess the 201's service life will not be as long as the 020/200T and that we will see a 202. I hope I am wrong.

Stihls problems with the Zama model C1Q with the accelerator pump has raged on for several years .It's been an ongoing topic on internet forums for at least several years .

I don't know the exchange rate but that carb is right at 100 dollars US .One sixth the price of a new saw which is highway robbery .

Stihl so far as I know has never addressed the problem which by the way is only on the later model 200T's .The earlier models plus the 020t did not use the accelerator pump models .