Rope Rigging video By TheXman

MattyD

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice vid. was speaking about how they should design some type of ground anchor for ziplining the other day. has this already been designed??

been around for years mate, not really specific to tree work, but the principle is there....been thinking of something similar to use as i need a anchor for a also similar speedline.....:thumbup1:

been around for years mate, not really specific to tree work, but the principle is there....been thinking of something similar to use as i need a anchor for a also similar speedline.....:thumbup1:

Was going to set one up yesterday but tree ended up to risky ( decayed at base ) i just cut 'n' chucked everything.

Another tree or vehicle may be best anchor it somtimes is hard to find a tree that is good location or get vehicle where you need it.

I was thinking about positive and negatives of this the other day..i suppose the negs of a ground anchor is hitting underground utilities, roots and working on embankments.

would be great is someone could design something for this...more than a couple of occasions i could have used a ground anchor for ziplining.

thank you about the music response. i think i might now make another version with no music.

about the earth anchors. The one we used was a duckbill D88 in rope rigging I.

cost about $30 US.

sorry, don't know the conversion.

but sacrificial amount of money easily. you can't get them out, easily.

the 88 is good for average of 3,000 lbs in normal soil.

there is now a bigger one. MUCH bigger in size. called a model 138, hold 9,800 lbs in most soil!

One is about $35 I think.

comes with the anchor, plus a short cable section with an eye and thimble.