Tirfor Problems

Bretonboy

Bought an old ex army tirfor, that has given great service since purchase. Unfortunately I have had the Clutch pin break. Wondering if anyone has had a simular problem and how they sourced the part/parts.

I have attached hopefully a picture that might help identify the make model.

Many thanks

IMG_1851.jpg.7eb63ea649ccfff07e02095453dc4565.jpg

IMG_1849.jpg.baa781e1eb345aed90e3ec4717841292.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg.f62b42a4db8b1a948704b171a60dbdf3.jpg

Well I have spoken to Arbil, who sent me a parts diagram for their TU32 model, which was not the same as mine but at least I now know I need a new clutch pin and not a thingy for the wotsit. Best guess is that they serviced/ LOLER these for the army.

Have mailed them back with these photo's but not had a reply as yet, might be the inclusion of photo's has sent my message into their spam box??

Just as an aside given that this was army issue, why no carrying handle ???

The T35 used to be rated at 5tons. There are some slight differences in parts between Mark 1,2 and 3 (not sure how many more recent ones there are) but all parts are available. Tractel still make them, Speedy are agents. You can sometimes get hold of Tractel directly, who are also very helpful if you manage to make contact and can supply a parts diagram and help you identify model from the serial number stamped into the edge of the aluminium casing.

Alec

Well got the reply for Arbil

"The part you require is now obsolete, but the release knob has change slightly on how it fits, unfortunately Tirfor do not have any up to date drawing to show you the new part. Enclosed old drawing. the release Knob No. 1433 has change and know fits into No. 1426. price as follows

Release Knob No. 151795. @ £9.96 + vat

Pin No. 1575. @ £1.28 + vat

Circlip. No. 82646. @ £0.90p + vat

Carriage extra or you can arrange your self."

Also sent me a old parts diagram for the machine which I attach for reference. My Knob is just fine so it looks like for a couple of quid I'm back in business.

3 cheers for the boy and girls at Arbil, great service!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Tirfor document.pdf