copper nails in eucalyptus

Martyn Amos

went to quote a large eucalyptus takedown this afternoon,when taking a look at the tree i noticed the neighbour [who was given permission to remove some limbs on his side]had hammered in lots of copper nails into the tree where he had removed the limbs,seems he is looking at trying to kill the tree :001_huh:

i thought it was a bit silly has the tree is about 60ft and leaning right towards the house,so if no work is too be undertaken on the tree and he succeeds in his mission,theres only 1 place the tree is going :blushing:

017.jpg.6eb713355dd96dff40fee19fd1b0e3d0.jpg

014.jpg.3ed6b07b3eaa77bd38eff6ad68dc1ee9.jpg

015.jpg.26dccb52b6d256833363f63b850f4e04.jpg

016.jpg.db14c92301a1c10885bda2f49e8cf71d.jpg

ive herd from arb mates of mine that copper nails helps kill off stumps, i guess its the same with living trees, would be good if it ended up on his roof though. bet he is one of the people who would be saying hes not paying for it to be cleared up its not his tree :sneaky2:

the thing is james,its not leaning towards his house:sneaky2:

Is that not criminal damage??

good question!

the guy did have permission to remove limbs,but as the nails..i am not sure.

did say to customer when i give quote,who put the copper in the tree,answer was must have been next door when they removed limbs??

if the aim to to kill tree,and it works,the tree will fall on customers house.

if anyone in the house is hurt or even worse,the nail chap could be in a spot of bother...:confused1:

Not sure whether the nails will kill the tree as the tree will compartmentalize the small wounds also does copper really kill trees? i don't know but to me it does look like the neighbour has intended to slowly kill the tree off. If the tree were to die i would presume it would start showing signs of dieback in the canopy & would be removed long before it fell over.