Sun Dried African Firewood

windfall

You can't have "worked your balls off" completely if you're able to make decisions like that. I have my fingers crossed for you finding a UK alternative.

I have gone with my gut feeling firewood, I had doubts when i started this thread and willing to admit that i made a bad call.

The majority of my peirs feel its a bad idea, if this is the consensious of people earning a living from fuel then what do the end users feel about it! If they feel half as strong as the people selling fuel then its not something i want to promote or put my name too. I have worked my b@lls off for the last 14 months setting up and establishing my business and i do not want to let anything jepordise my hardwork.

That said they are not blood logs, personally I have never heard of log packing camps where people are executed for smuggling logs out of the camp but it seems that is what they are percieved to be. It is frustrating when none of us know anything about them other than whats on the companies website.

Now we wont even know how they burn!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have gone with my gut feeling firewood, I had doubts when i started this thread and willing to admit that i made a bad call.

The majority of my peirs feel its a bad idea, if this is the consensious of people earning a living from fuel then what do the end users feel about it! If they feel half as strong as the people selling fuel then its not something i want to promote or put my name too. I have worked my b@lls off for the last 14 months setting up and establishing my business and i do not want to let anything jepordise my hardwork.

That said they are not blood logs, personally I have never heard of log packing camps where people are executed for smuggling logs out of the camp but it seems that is what they are percieved to be. It is frustrating when none of us know anything about them other than whats on the companies website.

Now we wont even know how they burn!

Just wrap the sacks in brown paper and keep them under the counter. Only sell to those customers looking fod a "hardcore" product. Nudge nudge wink wink say no more:)

http://www.kinnoirwoodfuel.co.uk

Al you dont know me so how about keeping your personal assumptions to yourself.

I don't know you at all it's true, nonetheless, I still think your decision to cancel that order and try and source something more sustainable was a ballsy one.

Respect.

Al has pointed out that I have taken his post the wrong way, I must admit to being a bit pis sed off and sensitive about this whole thing.

Sorry Al, I appreciate you putting me straight in the nicest possible way.

I am off to cheer myself up by playing with my new 346xpg that has just been delivered. Hopefully peir pressure will not cause me to return this little beast... "heated grips are an abomination to the world causing serious suffering and global warming" ...

I am off to cheer myself up by playing with my new 346xpg that has just been delivered. Hopefully peir pressure will not cause me to return this little beast... "heated grips are an abomination to the world causing serious suffering and global warming" ...

I have one of those, heated grips are awesome. And if you're worried about people worrying about the extra emissions, the switch is very discreet...:biggrin:

As a quick aside to the statement from this page Mopani Sun Dried African Firewood 20Kg Sack - Sun Dried African Firewood - Mopani Firewood Like

"compare this to domestic air dried woods at around 30% and domestic kiln dried wood at around 18 - 20%!"

What utter balls! If their products (other than the finest African dropped branch firewood) is sold at 30% moisture then they'll be getting returns! And they have a rubbish way of drying wood, i've got Ash, Cherry and the like drying in a woodstore that's been down for 6 months @ 15-17% moisture.

And i had Eucalyptus in my greenhouse baking away that was down to 8% moisture!