harness retirement

tree monkey

Im just curious my Tree flex harness is now over 3 years old and ive been told its now out of date and should be replaced.

Is this correct even tho it is still in servicable use and has no defects to worry about.

Also would it be an issue for the insurance if i did have an accident and the harness was a factor in incident?

cheers :)

my treemotion is nearly 5 years old. leg straps have been replaced, all webbing replaced, new back pad, couple of new bridges. So which bit do i class as being out of date? its pretty much only the hardware that is original.

my treemotion is nearly 5 years old. leg straps have been replaced, all webbing replaced, new back pad, couple of new bridges. So which bit do i class as being out of date? its pretty much only the hardware that is original.

You ever work out if it would have been more cost effective to buy a new harness?

A harness in regular use typically has a life of five years. They can be repaired, stitched etc by the manufacturer and recorded as such. New parts will have a service life of five years from when they came into service.

I wish, I'm lucky to get 2/3 years out of mine before they are falling to bits:001_huh:

you quit melting them in lava and they would last longer eh man? :001_tt2: