Which new saw???

SAM66S

im sure you cant buy 357's anymore, but ive got both the 346 and the 560 xps, both really nice saws, for a 50cc saw the 346 has amples of power and is so light i can use it all day felling and not feel tired, the 560 is also a very good saw amazingly powerful but i had a few problems when i first got it, kept cutting out under load but took it back and got it fixed and now seems fine, depends on what you want really cause there different ranges of saw

husqvarna seem to be bringing out a replacement for the 346 i think called the 550xp

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=funalCJp2bw]Husqvarna 550 xp - YouTube[/ame]

Been out again with my 346XP - I don't know what it is but the saw always brings a smile to my face when I use it - mine is runnig hot and tuned but it is fine balanced, light and has very good AV.

The 357 is a bigger version of the 346, really depends what sort of work you do in the main, the 357 has more go than the standard 346 but weighs more.

346 is good with a 15" bar, I guess if you are happier with an 18" then the 357 may be a better choice...

No experience of the 560, I am guessing there will be the normal spat of problems like any new offering - I am not liking the thought of microprocessor controls on a saw - sounds overcomplicated and US EPA law driven to me.

Time will tell!

Sounds like ill wait for the 550 failing that the 560 sounds lile a good bet. Dont really want to buy a saw thats already out of date if i can help it

Can't comment on the 560 (though meant to be getting the demo one from our local dealer to have play with this week) but the 357 is a good all rounder on a 15". Not as flickable as a 346 but more grunt.

Last had mine out in some 18-20" Pine with an 18" on and it pulled it without much drama, but swapped to using the 372 again and that made the 357 feel positively lazy by comparison.

What puts me off the next generation of saws is the not field fixable electrics - even the local husky dealer said it's a fairly involved process swapping over ecu's if they ever fail as it all has to be plugged in run up and programmed again.

Depends what it's going to get used for mainly as to which I'd be tempted by - doesn't help much really :blushing:

So you'd all recommend the 346xp?

Someone I work with recommended looking for a second-hand one to buy, mainly for conservation work tackling smaller trees and scrub clearance - they said it's powerful enough, but comfy enough too.

• 2 weeks later...