Wood Chip

Rt400

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mine is tipped on a hardcore/burn off base and i get £6 a ton as it has to be screened... if chip is on a concrete base and the site is inspected i thought it was around £20 a ton. local brick works near me has just gone over to woodchip for supplin heat for their brick drying rooms.. so it'l be worth me puttin bit concrete down as a base with a sleeper wall at rear... they pay £26 a ton delivered in and there only 5 miles from my yard..

This makes it sound a bit more appealing. Do you know the inns and out of the inspection and criteria? Does there have to be drainage, what if the chip is full of "conifer crap" is this acceptable, does the chip need to be at a low moisture content?

Cheers rich

Just leave a foot or so on the ground when loading, don't run your bucket along the floor and you will be ok. But if you have turned it a few times chances are you will have contaminated it.

this is what ahs told me at beginning, but how do you push the wood chip up into a pile... unless you got a 2 acre yard to just leave out in truck loads that dont work

should be £85 / atro tonne collected. you guys are making the likes of stobart very rich, compost it till they pay what its worth. ?

dont believe that.. i sell my chip to stobarts at 6 quid a ton... they take it away screen it and bring it back to someone 5 miles from me for 26 a ton.. just clean mixed woodchip that is all below 50mm with guarantee of no debris in it.... my chipper being a biggish one will produce chip lot bigger than 50mm sometimes.. i'm glad to get the £6 a ton to be honest.. soon as thertes a load there they send a lorry within couple days and i get around £170 a load for it which equates to £170 a month or more when i'm really busy.. ok, if we had to hire someone in to load it with teleporter then there wouldnt be much change outta the £170..... but we dont.. so i'm happy..

It needs to be below 50mm, no oversize, no contaminants and no greenery.

Chip can be screened but you'll get sub-7.00 per ton prices for it.

Just leave a layer of chip on the deck at all times and push up on that.

Access for lorries is more important and the ability to load them.

You should all be getting at least 10.00 a ton these days bare minimum. The big players are desperate for wood chip so it is worth negotiating.

85.00 a ton is pure rubbish for arb chip mate, that is a rough retail price for chipped dry G30 wood chip delivered in. Arb chip will never reach those prices as it can only be burnt by the large generators due to the variable quality.

We advise and procure wood chip for a variety of schemes but it is becoming very cut throat.

moving to a new yard in a couple of months, and we'll be constructing a chip bay.

concrete base, dunno about the walls yet.

main reason is, i'm hoping that the one load a month we should get out will nearly pay the rent.

no contamination, and the blades are changed regulaly on the chipper so good chip.

who knows, got to give it a try.

moving to a new yard in a couple of months, and we'll be constructing a chip bay.

concrete base, dunno about the walls yet.

main reason is, i'm hoping that the one load a month we should get out will nearly pay the rent.

no contamination, and the blades are changed regulaly on the chipper so good chip.

who knows, got to give it a try.

I priced up using sleepers and rsj's but it was very expensive, im now thinking buying in a load of metal sheeting and fence posts. Not as robust but allot cheaper and the sheeting left over I will make a log shelter with :001_smile::001_smile:

How are you going about loading? Or do you have the kit for that?

Cheers rich