Tree motion

Ross Smith

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I closely scrutinised my TM when I first got it, cos of the recalls and obvious teething problems they were having....and compared it to earlier harnesses. They are distinctly improved and as I have just learnt, hand checked by quality control...Dont get me wrong, I am no expert on the materials science and I hasten to add I have had no concerns with my harness...but I kinda felt that the webbing might still come in for some heavy wear from the hardware on the belts....again cos of the design of the rings.....

I have used this harness alot less intensively than any other belt I have owned....so will be interested to see how well it stands up .

Edited by Bundle 2
....apparently going advanced at writing, posted the script...unfinished!!

I went to a climbing competition, where they inspected my TreeMotion. At the time it was about 4 weeks old, and I got comments about the wear on the leg-webbings. I was really disappointed about that, but besides from that the harness is excellent! :-)

Where can you get the webbings replaced? The manufacurer or the dealer?

Stay safe.

P.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I have just received an answer from Teufelberger. They wrote:

Der Gurt ist nach wie vor funktionstüchtig, die Gurtbänder sind einsatzbereit, lediglich etwas gefaltet. Dies ist ein normaler Effekt, der sich durch die Konstruktion des Gurtes ergibt. Wir lehnen eine Garatiereparatur ab.

As far as I can understand (I am from Denmark), the bottom line is, that they wont give me a free warranty fix, as it is the construction of the harness, that causes the wear on the leg webbings.

But wasn't that the whole idea? Because of the "wrong" construction of the harness?

How many of you have gotten a free warranty fix? And what was the argument?

They said that they would fix my harness for 35 euro, so I just said OK to that. After all I have send it from Denmark to Austria - which is about 35 euro.