xmas present from the tax man :)

si36

Done. letter written with all relevant details included and ready to be sent in the morning. Thanks for bringing this up :thumbup:

No worries I tell everyone I meet lol even found out that my niece who is a nurse can even claim for her tights lol

how much did you get?

according to this table you can claim £100/yr (forestry)

EIM32712 - Other expenses: flat rate expenses: table of agreed amounts for 2004/05 onwards

not sure if that's just washing clothes or all expenses...

this is the letter you should send.....

EIM32712 - Other expenses: flat rate expenses: table of agreed amounts for 2004/05 onwards it is not limited to those listed but that is a guide and customs will choose the most suitable catogory based on your job

Wash your uniform at home ?

Then write to your tax office and tell them, i got a extra tax allowance and it is backdated 6 years which its better than nothing and better in your pocket

It only costs the price of a stamp so worth a try !

All you need to do is fill in the blanks and send it to your work's tax office.(thanks to max2002ad)

Your Name

Your Address

Date

Inland Revenue

Tax Office Address

Details available from

Your employer/pay roll dept

…………

Postcode.

Dear Inland Revenue

RE: Expenses Allowance

I have been employed at Company Name, Location since (Date of Starting at Employment). I am obliged to launder the uniform, which is supplied to me by the company. I therefore wish to claim an expenses allowance of £xx for each year since the above date.

Yours Faithfully

Your Name

Your Tax code

Edited by alex_m

how much did you get?

according to this table you can claim £100/yr (forestry)

EIM32712 - Other expenses: flat rate expenses: table of agreed amounts for 2004/05 onwards

not sure if that's just washing clothes or all expenses...

this is the letter you should send.....

One cheque for 96 one for ten and another for nine it is done on a sliding scale as each year was a different amount only received the last three years still waiting on the rest

Yep that's the letter I sent