Wet logs kill children

Dave Martin

Daily Mail in Misleading Headline Shock!

Bad news sells, some newspapers are doing the "shock" sales but if nobody purchaseed them, then they would stop !

Let us be honest here, there are certain "newspapers" that one buys but does not believe, and certain newspapers that have articles that provoke thought. Which category does The Mail fit into. It is The Sun without tits.

Not to derail the thread. It is tragic and should never happen ideally. But I looked at the newly released map of traffic accidents near me. All deaths in my area were. Youngsters. Motorbikes and the elderly. So the rest of us have to obey the new speed limits. All the factors involved in this incident are probably not quoted. Wet logs take ages to get going. If they identified the species of wood, will we no longer burn that particular type of log. It can go on and on.

This was terrible news with those young children and we have friends who live in that area but there is much more to this than possible damp firewood. The woman had consumed much booze, the house had no working smoke/carbon monoxide alarms, no spark guard on the openfire place.

The wood could have been cut from the garden and I have supplied public houses before with well seasoned wood and then found left outside still inside the bulk sacks and soaking up the rain.:001_rolleyes:

Willow can produce sparks small enough to go through a mesh guard.