Spiderjackery III (plus two new SJ mods from ART)

joe into trees

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Latter Drew. Hadn't considered if the former is possible or even worthwhile. I'd noticed there are several threads related to the benefits of the SJ and a couple more regarding the rope wrench and using it on a working line. I'm keen to see how many people have actually used both and how they got on. I can see the benefits of the rope wrench and that it may be the way forward but to an old horse like me who really hasn't done much SRT stuff I'm also keen on learning more about the SJ and if I would get on better with that. I also have to consider that we could work with both options on our crew and swap between the two to see how we both fair with these new gadgets. It would also be interesting to see what opinions two climbers of differing ages and standards would draw from the two devices. Long winded answer I know and still interested to know if anyone has tried them both back to back.

Im keen to try the RW and see they pro's and cons also RW and SJ,I climbed with the HC and VT the other day and felt weird again,Still like the SJ as it has more plus's than HC/VT when i used to climb on that..if that makes sense?

Apart from Joe's Spiderjackery videos, is ther any other spiderjack use videos out there?

Searched youtube and found Ian's Cedar climb but that seems to be the only other one?

Ill make one,Do you want to know how to use it?or just watch someone climb on one?

Bit of both really.

I will be getting one when I have the money and joe's last vid was very informative and well explained but he is an advanced user and makes it look easy:biggrin:

Ian's vid is also good but i'd like to (if possible) get a few examples of using it in work positioning

I'd also like to try before I buy but don't think anyone near me has one

I don't want much do I?:001_rolleyes::lol:

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

Bit of both really.

I will be getting one when I have the money and joe's last vid was very informative and well explained but he is an advanced user and makes it look easy:biggrin:

Ian's vid is also good but i'd like to (if possible) get a few examples of using it in work positioning

I'd also like to try before I buy but don't think anyone near me has one

I don't want much do I?:001_rolleyes::lol:

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

All good,See what i can do if i remember :001_smile: