leaflet advirtising

markstuarttosdevine

The most important thing is to research the area, and where possible either deliver yourself in the build up to your busiest time or get someone you trust to deliver for a bit of extra cash.

We find our leaflet drops have always worked really well. We do them in rural areas/villages near us.

We assess what areas get a lot of leaflets eg. local takeaways nearby and we go off the beaten track a bit. An extra ten minutes walk down a country lane could be a couple of hundred pounds of work.

We used a company recently to deliver 5000 and have so far only had two or three orders from them. (although they haven't quite delivered them all yet, but I'm not too hopeful)

GPP Wood Fuel

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have time on your hands then dropping flyers does bring the work in.

If you have the money to get decent flyers made up then do so. If you don`t take some time and do them yourself, experiment with formats.

Most people will read whatever is largest ie TREE SURGERY or HEDGE TRIMMING or whatever and then either bin it or keep it. 1 - 2% sounds reasonable to me. I was supprised at the number of people who actually kept the first, dodgy hand cut flyers I made but they were cheap and quite effective.

Paid advertising is okay if you have the money to invest but you inevitably waste money trying out different ads. If you have that money then happy days but if not you have nothing to loose. I got most of my work from flyering for the first 2 years of buisness. This was despite advice on hear deriding flyering as cowboyish or amaturish. Cheap village news letters can also be good. Never believe a cold call salesman!

Best of Luck :thumbup:

When my son started his (small scale) business I produced a flyer which was in letter style. Rather than simply thrust the business down the punters throat I appealed to their good nature explaining who he was, what he was trying to do and the fact that he was local, new in business and offering competitive rates. I then targeted the drops i.e properties that that obviously needed work done but not those that the owners patently couldn't care less. He got about 25% hit rate and these have produced further work from recommendations. Also a couple have produced work 2 years down the line. From speaking to the clients they all liked the humble approach with no pressure, thats why the last two actually kept the flyers untill they had work they wanted done.

i have had 1000 very good quality flyers made up from Printing.com in Bury St Edmunds and they are working very well. I give one too each customer i drop wood too, and flyer their neighbours while im there. Have also targetted a few local villages where i have little customers so far and response has been very good indeed.

Think key is to have a good flyer, not some crap you have knocked up on word in ten minutes. I'm trying to establish my business at all times, be it with website, sign written truck, letter heads, with compliment slips, proper invoices, flyers etc, all worth doing in my opinion.

6 sided DL leaflets are the ones, all your services can be listed, lots of pics, a bit about you and the company etc. They work well, if I had more time or was short of work I would leaflet all day long.

I guess it depends on your area but for me they kick started my business big time.

Just make them stand out and easy to read, they are easy to make and design.

I got 5000 flyers printed for £98, only posted around 200 so far to selective houses with trees and hedges on property. Have had 12 jobs from flyers, first job more than paid for flyers and 4 jobs are returning work for next year.

You are not being forceful by posting flyers, its not like your knocking on the door telling people what work needs doing to their trees(like gypos do).

Your giving people the option to read it or chuck it in the bin.

if your business is small and you dont work every day , why not ? i felt a little cowboyish but the key is to have the flyer / website / vehicle decals all the same and of course cardflyers look and feel alot better than a pice of paper.

i must agree , i have put a card thru a door and seen all the other shite junk mail there and thought 'thats mine going in the bin'

i do a flyer run every 2 weeks when i have a few hours spare friday afternoon , i get min 1 job , so for a few hours i return a min £150 job plus return work.

i rather be out on an adventure with a smile on my face than in the house sitting infront of tv getting fat