Can I sell my firewood "business"?

jazz

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, thanks for the responses! I wasn't expecting so many!

It really is tiny. The url is Glowfire Logs. So far I've turned over about £1k, maybe just under. I suppose what its worth is the name (which I thought was quite good :)), web address, email, and "brand" i guess.

I thought maybe it might appeal to "Dave who does logs" who wants a better image. I dont know, maybe im just being naive and it is worthless!

Thanks for the replies though!

A - you don't value your client list then?

The problem with a client list from a 'one man band' is that a potential buyer will know that many of those clients feel allegiance to 'their man'. As mentioned in another thread, the personality, character & care shown by a one man operator is maybe as important as the product.

Personally I would put some value on it but not much really. £500 as it's a nice looking site? Plus used value of any equipment. If you can point your buyer in the direction of some sales channels / customers you might ask a grand for it.

It's very easy for many people to get where you have got to without too much effort so you are really looking for a specific customer.

That's my take but I'm no expert.

Thanks for the responses! Yeah, I know its not ideal if someone on the other end of the country took it over as they wouldn't get the (few) clients I have. But still. I wasn't even expecting £500 for it, I thought maybe a £250 or so.

Regarding google rankings, it comes quite high up the page now (e.g put logs maidstone into google), i would hope as it gets more traffic this would get better.

I'll pop an ad up on arbtrader then I think and see if I get any interest! It would seem a shame to waste it.

Cheers!

Your place page shows up but as for google rankings I went through the first 5 pages of results and it was knowhere to be seen. Also unless the person is in Maidstone then that search term is useless. Also the chances are any purchaser of the website won't sell logs in sacks as you do so will have to re write the whole content of the site.

Sorry to be so negative about it but I'm a realist. Good luck though.