Hammock

DrewB

Proclimber might still get them for you. I don't think they are "rated" though! Sleeping in a tree is not a work activity (usually) so no need for CE, loler, etc etc.. Back it up by wearing a harness in bed is what most do, just a lightweight rock harness will do.

Get the one with the sleeve for a thermarest or buy the duvet type thing that clips underneath. I've used mine in feb in snowdownia, no worries!

Try the Hennesey Hammock, very light and well built. Never sleep in a hammock without being tied in!

thats the name i was after! a friend has one and loves it, i just couldnt remember the name. cheers. i only wanted it rated for peace of mind:001_cool: i want to sleep up some big kauris this summer.

If bulk isn't an issue just go to a DIY/lumber yard and find a dinged hollow core door. They're plenty strong and cheap. Add four straps with adjusters like a portaledge and you're in fine shape!

The first portaledges were nothing more than chaise lounges fitted out with hanging cords. Poke around a thrift store or your garage and I'll be that you can find something serviceable...and cheap!

I got rid of my Treeboat because I could not find a comfortable way to sleep without having a bent back. Plus, it takes forever to find a good place to rig it and the another forever to level all the corners. I found a used portaledge at a mountaineering shop and I LOVE it.

Fish makes a decent 'ledge, the Econo-ledge. Shipping and duty would make it expensive though.