just processor out to customer off stack

mendiplogs

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you asking if we process customers wood into firewood on the customers site?, I think some here do.

Or are you asking if we supply logs that have just been processed, ie green.

Personally I cant see the point in selling green timber unless you have aquired it very cheap or as arisings.

A

Are you asking if we process customers wood into firewood on the customers site?, I think some here do.

Personally I cant see the point in selling green timber unless you have aquired it very cheap or as arisings.

A

HI alycidon no mate do some firewood chaps process off the stack or lorry then out to customer or do they season it in the barn then out to customer or does it just go out to customer green with mos % 35 plus thanks all jon i no some do :lol:owell jon

A

HI all so its all barn seasoned or well seasoned not just processor out then to customer i no some do processor out to customer so not seasoned all ours is barn seasoned all the best jon what do you all think of processor off road side cord then out to customer thanks all jon :thumbup:

Most round this way process straight into truck. They are busy all summer harvesting. I dont see where it says in the bible though shall spend £50,000 on cord then spend thousands on diesel and wages then wait 12 months to see your money back. If we process and send out green we tell people. But alot of my customers are ordering there wood now for next year they get there first load in feb march when there store is down I then have space and cash flow so I can send them bone dry stuff in Jan/ Feb next year. We are never short on customers just time and cord wood :biggrin:

Most round this way process straight into truck. They are busy all summer harvesting. I dont see where it says in the bible though shall spend £50,000 on cord then spend thousands on diesel and wages then wait 12 months to see your money back. If we process and send out green we tell people. But alot of my customers are ordering there wood now for next year they get there first load in feb march when there store is down I then have space and cash flow so I can send them bone dry stuff in Jan/ Feb next year. We are never short on customers just time and cord wood :biggrin:

HI steve your right there mate:thumbup1: not all tell there customer that it green and thats not right at all its take the p.ss we have a lot customer have large loads in summer so they season off and now a new trick is now not telling the customer theres soft wood mixed in with the season hard wood logs and that take the mick :thumbdown: all the best steve jon :thumbup:

I process straight off cord stack through latter part of season and all through the summer months problem being???

The nearest guy to me has done quality logs for 20-25 years now and he always proccesses straight off cord stack into his truck. Fiar paly Jon yuor sepeillng adn sentnces aer whoefull...While the dark nights are hear get yourself booked on a college course English literature would be a good start!!!!(joke) I presume this is what you are asking? So lets say you are into logs in a big way 500t of logs piled in a barn is alot of work/money sat there earning nowt for a long time matey. If you had anything about you get the customer ordering a year in advance and get them to season it.

Edited by philg

I processor straight from the stack into my truck and straight out to the customer most of the time, if we have a few slack days i'll billet a load of timer up or cage a load of logs up but it works best for me to process from stack to truck. Mind you my stack has sat there for 2 years so its fairly well seasoned.

Surely the it's depens on what the customer wants...most of mine at this time of year want a cube of well seasoned logs to burn today,tomorrow and right through the season so it's got to be first class,I wouldn't take a chance on sending out semi seasoned Logs UNLESS the customer explained that they were not going to burn it till next winter.

BTW I'm not suggesting any other members on this forum are selling green logs as seasoned:thumbup: