Transit 90 or iveco 35c11

swinny

One thing to be careful of with the crewcabs is tell the insurers the rear seats have been removed and its now a 3 seater. With the rear seats its a commercial 7 seater so you would require a minibus license to drive it!

How'd you work that one 9 seats or above for D1?

Rob

ive got an 2004 transit 90 which i use everyday as my work vehicle and my going out vehicle as its my sole means of transport apart from the gf's car which i hardly ever use. its not as bad as everyone makes them out, ive took back seats out so loads of room for tackle its not so bad, it does take allday to get up to speed when chipper is on and its loaded however it is a van not a ferrari. but...if i were to get another id deffo get the 115 one singlecab though and cut the body down and make a storage box that bolts on the chasis because 1 the turning circle on a crewcab is huge and 2 you can never fill the back fully up anyway not unless you wanna get fined by vosa!

I have the 35c14... it has the uprated chassis, like a 65c, but not! it does between 18-20 to the gallon. the more weight you put in it, the more it loves it.

and you stand out from the crowd, with a nice bit of advertising on the side it will get you more work. People say these days we chose you because you looked professional. :laugh1:

we have a 53 crewcab transit which is the chip wagon

and an 04 crewcab tipper with steel sides.

even though the chip truck is all ally sides, legally it can carry all of 500kg, and, when all the saws are in the back, three in the cab i'll guarentee its overwieght on the front axle.

the pick up has rear seats removed, but rarely carries tools now, went over the weighbridge the other day, myself and one in the cab, and it weighed in at 2700kg !!!

that means legally it can carry all of 800kg's.....crap

when we subbed to hw martins, they ran flatbed crewcab iveco's with the seats in, toolbox on the headboard. one of the lads got pulled by vosa, 4 men, tools, 4 jerry cans, full tank of fuel, jensen A530T behind. it was 400kg's overweight.

i think the answer for anyone who wants to run legal is to either have two trucks, one for the chip, singlecab tipper with ally back. and another truck for the men, saws, chipper etc.

or go down the 6/7.5 ton route.

as for driving, the ivecos are a better drive imo. but, theyre more expensive, and the diffs are even worse than a transits.

i was having this discussion the other day with the chap who does the repairs on my vehicles.

a few years ago there was one choice for any sort of pickup, it had to be transit, with the introduction of the latest batch of transits ( 350's ) ford have shot themselves in the foot.

everyone agrees they're crap, but theres nothing else out there !!!!

we're swapping one of the panel vans next year, and i think i'm going to go for a VW T5, loads more expensive, but everyone i've spoken to swears by them.