cramp

simonm

i always seem to get cramp in my hands when climbing especially now its getting cold! ive tried wearing gloves but the only ones thin enough are those stupid GRIPZ ones that last all of 2 days and make the problem worse when its wet. does anyone else have this problem? and have you found a cure? thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i always seem to get cramp in my hands when climbing especially now its getting cold! ive tried wearing gloves but the only ones thin enough are those stupid GRIPZ ones that last all of 2 days and make the problem worse when its wet. does anyone else have this problem? and have you found a cure? thanks

Hope you haven't got the dreaded white finger.

Which area of your hands are affected?

I get 'cramps' in the muscle at the base of the thumb when gripping a certain way, especially in cold and wet conditions. Following extensive tests (it's amazing what the nhs will do when occupational health is quoted) all results came back negative.

I have a good idea what it is but at the end of the day the choice is mine, soldier on or find a different occupation. It doesn't bother me that much.

Its in the base of my fingers and it gets worse when its cold. I did a crown reduction today and half way through I gripped my main line and advanced the tree went to let go of the rope and my fingers on my right hand wouldn't let go of the rope. If I could find some gloves that would help I think but most aren't suitable.

go to a doctors they will send you to a neurologist do a cople of test to make sure i had carm in bicep area hands and legs with pins and needles and muscles twitching after a year of test and alsort's friday i found out something it attacking/irritating my nervous system but to say what is doing they have no idear into it starts getting worse