big bob

nuggsy

Not being funny mate but I think you want to take it easy with the big saws. Dont want to be another statistic :scared1:

I wonder if the rubbish statistics that get collected on chainsaw accidents show any trend regarding bar/saw size???

I would have thought that the bigger the bar, the harder it is to cut yourself!?!

We'd run a 4ft bar on the 3120 and I reckoned that was about as safe as a saw could be. It was too heavy to kick back. When you slipped, gravity took over and it went to ground.

Compare that with an MS200T...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being funny mate but I think you want to take it easy with the big saws. Dont want to be another statistic :scared1:

Husky is a 120cc, just look at the model number with husky's 3120 120 cc etc.

fair point bud, the 66 made me nervous with the big bar, wasnt use to the balance etc.

i dont want 2 end up as a statistic eather but i have had some sound advice from wrk exp and hopefully i stand in good stead to being a safe and sound operator.

i generally have a level head aswell so that kinda helps

I wonder if the rubbish statistics that get collected on chainsaw accidents show any trend regarding bar/saw size???

I would have thought that the bigger the bar, the harder it is to cut yourself!?!

We'd run a 4ft bar on the 3120 and I reckoned that was about as safe as a saw could be. It was too heavy to kick back. When you slipped, gravity took over and it went to ground.

Compare that with an MS200T...

I dunno you can still get a good bit of kickback with a big bar.

I dont think you can compare it to a 020 since most accidents happen when using it one handed.

I was more talking about the user (nuggsy) rather than the actual saw, he doesnt seem to be the safest person about (no offence mate :001_smile:)

fair point bud, the 66 made me nervous with the big bar, wasnt use to the balance etc.

i dont want 2 end up as a statistic eather but i have had some sound advice from wrk exp and hopefully i stand in good stead to being a safe and sound operator.

i generally have a level head aswell so that kinda helps

No worries mate, just dont get TOO excited about using a BIG saw, thats when you wont be concentrating enough. :thumbup1:

im sure everyone gets excited about using a big saw for the first time lol :D i dont get over excited tho, always thinking about safety and how to do the task in hand rather than thinkin whoa this is a big saw lets go cut everythinginto tiny pieces and hope for the best safety wise lol

no offence taken m8 :D i no im a bit accident prone at time but its always with the daft jobs with no danger lol