Spreading Rumours of snow!

timberbear

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pressed for time lately chums (6 or more 3-4hour a peice NFL games a week?) but as per the Milder weather log sales slow thread over in the firewood forum a couple of weeks ago then little has changed in regards to the current weather pattern over the UK.

Azores High waxing and waning with low Arctic and North Atlantic heights (plus + NAO and AO values) basically leaves us with a west to east Zonal flow with brief Polar maritime incursions before Cyclogenesis shunts further Lows along the Denmark straight keeping the UK under the Atlantic influence aided by the barreling Jet which show now signs of bifurcating under 14 days only increasing and flattening.

So a lot mostly brought about by the Polar vortex moving very little although current NE pacific ridging could well begin the process of dislodging the vortex as shown by the MJO phase period ending its 60 day cycle thus still on course for the beginning of January looking at the most favorable conditions for Winter in laymens terms?

Average until then but brief wintry conditions in the North and above 800ft etc. but again, a complete reversal of just about every condition in comparison to the same time last year but windblown work could be the flavor this time as opposed to log sales like last year :)

Pressed for time lately chums (6 or more 3-4hour a peice NFL games a week?) but as per the Milder weather log sales slow thread over in the firewood forum a couple of weeks ago then little has changed in regards to the current weather pattern over the UK.

Azores High waxing and waning with low Arctic and North Atlantic heights (plus + NAO and AO values) basically leaves us with a west to east Zonal flow with brief Polar maritime incursions before Cyclogenesis shunts further Lows along the Denmark straight keeping the UK under the Atlantic influence aided by the barreling Jet which show now signs of bifurcating under 14 days only increasing and flattening.

So a lot mostly brought about by the Polar vortex moving very little although current NE pacific ridging could well begin the process of dislodging the vortex as shown by the MJO phase period ending its 60 day cycle thus still on course for the beginning of January looking at the most favorable conditions for Winter in laymens terms?

Average until then but brief wintry conditions in the North and above 800ft etc. but again, a complete reversal of just about every condition in comparison to the same time last year but windblown work could be the flavor this time as opposed to log sales like last year :)

There's a bit of googling and translating in this post for me Peckerwoo, but your imput is always much appreciated. I knew you'd be about if we just whistled loud enough.

HE SPEAKS IN TONGUES

Thank Allah/God/Pan (delete as you see fit) for the last paragraph. Cheers

so I was told the 47 winter was a late one - worse than the 62/3, which started on Boxing day and lasted until March.

I remember that one as I had a new fishing rod for xmas, dad said wait until boxing day - oh it's snowing, wont last long, canal & rivers frozen for 3 months - gave up fishing brought a gun:lol:

Well last night after reading all the forecasts for this winter and mixing in a bit of my own amateur weather forecasting I came up with my prediction for snow. Armed with my forecast I went to my local and told everyone that in our area it was going to snow around about Dec 20th. Everyone laughed and accused me of spreading this rumour to increase my firewood sales. I simply replied "I've almost sold out!" Shock,shock,horror! Everyone panicked! Took six orders there and then, rumour has spread and took another nine today! Now I'm praying for snow or I'll be hung drawn and quartered!

That is the best thing i have heard all day..

total genius:thumbup: