Rope Wrench feedback

Not an exciting video but an example of redirects when on SRT with a RW.

I was carrying out a crown reduction an a 90ft Eucalyptus. There is a bit too much foliage in the way but you can make out my rope if you look carefully.

My TIP was on two skinny poles, tied to one and to a choked sling on another.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGc-18kZFE0&sns=em

Oh, just looked at my video and I see that it's rubbish. Promise to better next time.

It was just such a gem of a tree to be in on a single line. My TIP was off centre of the tree and the tree had some fairly large, long stems and it would have been hell on DRT.

I was having so much fun I just wanted to share. The sun was out, mid October in a t-shirt, enough breeze to make it exciting and a view from the North Downs on one side to the South Downs on the other side.

Life doesn't get much better.

• 3 weeks later...

So my new rope wrench arrived yesterday dinner time and then by 2pm I was out with it removing a broken limb on a beach tree, I'm really prepared to give it ago this time round, first thoughts were, an amazing difference from the original, so with out much comment now ill post my thoughts as I use it more.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

59766218336d5_ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1351177528.769479.jpg.289aa776f17d1fb0cd4d3b0af6d316cb.jpg

Welcome Adam

I would strongly recommend putting a D shackle on the top of the tether or getting one of the tasty looking stiff ones that people are parading on this thread.

Sorry for being ignorant Ali and not catching up on the thread yet, what is the main idea behind the shackle? The tether on my set up is the one I used on the old wrench, works well then I just attach my lanyard to the centre attachment on the hitch climber ....:001_smile:

Sorry mate, I forgot you had a ZK1.

I use a Lyon strop looped in a fig8 across my shoulders to make a chest harness. It's held together with a stein tool karabiner and that clips to the DMM thimble on top my tether.

I chose to do it this way as I only clip in for very long ascents and getting a chest harness would be a waste of money for me.

Subby job today 70 conny's to 6ft stumps nothing massive 50-60ish foot, most of them were felled, but thought I would get the wrench out for a bit of traversing where straight fells were not able, so knocking the tops out made them fell into the drop zone, all I'm going to say at this point is WOW! No friction no worries just redirect drop the top jump across the next same again redirect drop the top......:thumbup:

Once I get the chance to look over the thread in more detail I guess I'll take and learn more, crazy really as I used the old one a hand full of times and it felt so unnatural and like I had never climbed before....:biggrin:

Sorry I never got no pictures just a real hectic day, great start to something I hated with a passion :confused1: