CODIT: D=Dysfunction not Decay

RobArb

Having Duncan as my tutor, I kind of get some of this info first hand and what he is doing at Manchester uni for his PhD as well as teaching us lot is unbelievable and inspirational the amount of work he does...

Hopefully a new model can be achieved one day. I have a few papers I want to write but it seems there isn't enough time to do it sometimes:001_rolleyes:

As well as my ongoing restoration/retrenchment pruning research and my tree ident database and trying to study for my FdSc and working full time and making sure I spend quality time with my kids, i'll fit this one in somewhere, good job I only need 4 hours sleep a night:lol:

Sent from Rob's GalaxySII

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as my ongoing restoration/retrenchment pruning research and my tree ident database and trying to study for my FdSc and working full time and making sure I spend quality time with my kids, i'll fit this one in somewhere, good job I only need 4 hours sleep a night:lol:

oh stop ya bichin & man up !

anyone would think you had a lot on your plate or summit :001_rolleyes:

:lol:

From what I've read it is becoming more and more looked at from a research point of view, it won't be long before a new model is conceived, and Shigo's, revolutionary at the time model, becomes a bookmark in the history of arboriculture.

From what I've read it is becoming more and more looked at from a research point of view, it won't be long before a new model is conceived, and Shigo's, revolutionary at the time model, becomes a bookmark in the history of arboriculture.

We must never forget the work he did though, without it we would probably be looking at the same things he did. so because of him we took a leap forward, and that is what its all about.

everything that any of us do to push it along could also be "old hat" in time, we must always remember that, that they/we all are just adding a piece to the puzzle, and sometimes despite the effort and work it has to be let go.

when i was at college doing my ND in Arb we were told that allthough Shigo was a great man and did so much for the industry, he has really only written the introduction to arboriculture.

in many ways, he got us all thinking along the right lines, im certain he wouldnt mind us changing his acronyms or for that matter completely turning his ideas upside down, as long as it was progression and that it benefitted trees. dysfunction is a far more fitting word, and if he hadn't of popped his cloggs i bet he'd agree!