Female's on the tools?

Mike Hill

Old, young, male, female, it doesn't matter one bit. You have to have the physical ability, mixed with the determination, desire to constantly learn and respect for the subject of our profession to do this job. If you're missing any one of these you will struggle to do the job properly. You could be physically born to do the job, but if you can't learn to prune properly or identify a disease, then you may as well give up before you start wrecking mature trees. ;) rant over :D

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aggression is the key IMO, but the climber needs to be able to channel it positively or it is just counter productive. Are women naturally aggressive enough? Some are for sure but i'd argue the average percentage between men and women. I think this is infinitely more important that fitness or strength.

I'm sure there are the same percentage of women in all so called hard jobs.. fire fighters, rig divers, marines, ect and on average they more than cut the mustard and often more technical and competent than the average bear... but why else would they be doing it.. the average joe who ends up as a tree man probably fell into the indusrty as a way to earn good money at a young age and stuck with it, cam,t imagine any girl/woman in the game who did want to prove their worth as a phyisical world... the same as many a man who works in a hairdressers, works as a nurse or as primary school teacher, care worker.

Not sure what i' trying to say but all the females i've worked with where the same as the blokes i've worked with.. all had strengths and weakness's, some were lazyandr boring, smelly and crude, stupid or mad... beautiful and interesting.... hard and strong...

I will continue to judge all as individuals (except if they are fat as that = lazy).

After 16 pages, Big J has sorted the argument once and for all.

Next - Stihl or Husky?

:001_tongue:

Stihl ,

Next - Brown or the Pink :lol:

Fetch my coat :blushing: