Costs.....???

cartman

Spot on, Rover, sounds like Cartman will sort it out sooner or later. Patience is a virtue often not taught at home or in school for many teens on either side of the pond. Cartman a tea spoon of patience and a pinch of humility on a daily basis will help you better cope with what's coming down the Pike. All the best

easy-lift guy

Thank you :biggrin:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was young at the moment, I'd go and do 3 years in Army, ride out the recession and get into treework after. Hard times ahead for next few years for all of us, young 'uns don't have much of a chance of even getting their foot in the door. Good luck though mate!

Thank you :biggrin:

just keep trying bud , if you can travel it's better. lots of big companies (5 or more staff) need you to be qualy'd because of insurance ect, some smaller company's need hard workers like yourself if for nothing else dragging brash and chipping, you can get your cert's while getting paid doing that, i'd say expect an average of about 40-45 pounds a day only though and if you do use a chipper always use a helmet with ear muffs and a visor, make sure you are shown how to operate it and never put your hands or feet in the hopper , poke small bits in with another stick. be carefull though you might like this job more than what you're studying.

We shouldn't have to put up with all thes $hit in this country, its just stifles you and breeds negative thinking, we're bombarded in our private lives and also our working lives with rules and regulations to conform... or else.

Just looking at some of the threads on this forum in general, people asking is it legal to do this or that, or i havent got that ticket, just does nothing for your own personel feel good factor, or as a businessman told me recently " i'm not in business to make money anymore, i'm here to conform to rules"

With all thats happening in Europe at present, how long will be before the Panzers make an appearance.

just keep trying bud , if you can travel it's better. lots of big companies (5 or more staff) need you to be qualy'd because of insurance ect, some smaller company's need hard workers like yourself if for nothing else dragging brash and chipping, you can get your cert's while getting paid doing that, i'd say expect an average of about 40-45 pounds a day only though and if you do use a chipper always use a helmet with ear muffs and a visor, make sure you are shown how to operate it and never put your hands or feet in the hopper , poke small bits in with another stick. be carefull though you might like this job more than what you're studying.

hi there,

Thanks for your advice, im currently studying the level 3 extended diploma in arb and forestry and have completed the level 2 diploma in arb and forestry,

i have been shown how to use a chipper etc, but thank you for your concern, i have done work a while back for a small arb company but he moved to Australia so i couldn't carry on.

if im honest doing that bit of work for that company for a few months did get me interested in this line of work and so i thought you know what im going to go and study it, i have never looked back once or regretted it i really enjoy it and don't think i will ever change my mind at all .

as for transport i do have it and a full UK license post 97 though , but i do have my own 4x4 to get around so that should go in my favour, and soon in a few weeks i'm hoping to be able to go and do my cs30 and cs31 so that should help i hope

:001_smile:

Thanks for your advice though and i shall take it on board

That first line is all it needed really.

Firstly, it's horrible English: "Despite me...." should be followed by a "contra-point". Like "despite me washing, I still stink"

But more importantly, it just sounds like a whining child, when I read it, I read this: "Even though I went to the trouble of putiing a whole, single post on the forum, to wich only one person replied, (which is so hugely unfair I'm stamping my foot at the computer) nobody has made me employee of the month and it's all your fault!":sneaky2:

Now , I'm not saying you are a whining child, but your choice of words has made you sound like one.

The rest is just asking for info you could have easily found out by a little googling but that's ok, loads of people ask questions on here that can be answered by google in less time than it takes to just log-in to AT.

As an observation of this site, it seems a lot of people (and this is aimed at no-one in particular, just a general attitude) seem a bit scathing of young-uns wanting in on the action. I think it's probably due to the amount of qualified-but-clueless college-leavers. But this seems to have lead to the need for youngsters such as yourself needing to "grovel" a bit more, and behave a bit more humble than you would in normal life.

Have a read through this, to know what to expect from cs30/31

thanks i shall have a read thorough to see what i need to brush up on

Thanks for advice

We shouldn't have to put up with all thes in this country, its just stifles you and breeds negative thinking, we're bombarded in our private lives and also our working lives with rules and regulations to conform... or else.

Just looking at some of the threads on this forum in general, people asking is it legal to do this or that, or i havent got that ticket, just does nothing for your own personel feel good factor, or as a businessman told me recently " i'm not in business to make money anymore, i'm here to conform to rules"

With all thats happening in Europe at present, how long will be before the Panzers make an appearance.

Thank you,

you are one of the few people i can relate to,:001_smile:

I totally agree with you, as for the feel good factor well, lets just say not everyone on here helps make you feel good some just put you down, left, right and centre, even though they have never met you, most likely will never meet you, but yet they can still stereotype you.

but not all of us are the same some do work hard to try and start to get into the line of work they have chosen to study, and not to boast, but im one of those people, anything i earn goes back onto my studies one way or another, e.g. fuel to get to uni, or stuff i need for uni, so i wish people just would think and not just assume.

:confused1: