CE Lanyard

Chopper-Gooders

many people used the ce lanyard from TEUFELBERGER, it looks nice and i think it

would be good to use with my SJ when not chogging down because i use a steel core.

how does it preform as a 2nd line???

i recon i could put one together for 50 quid less minus the thumble...

thoughts??

Honey Brothers offer a 'similar' kit which I use. It's not quite as nice [and the rope they supply is a touch on the thick side], but that's 40 quid + VAT I think for a 4m & includes snap, biner, lanyard, prusik, micro pulley. Does the job, it's all ISC hardware.

many people used the ce lanyard from TEUFELBERGER, it looks nice and i think it

would be good to use with my SJ when not chogging down because i use a steel core.

how does it preform as a 2nd line???

i recon i could put one together for 50 quid less minus the thumble...

thoughts??

Excellect concept BUTT Price, I own one but as soon as its shot i'm taking all hardware inc thimble, and splicing my own!! The hardware is 2nd to none! and so versatile! Pinto....:thumbup1:

I got the 4m and works well as a short 2nd line. 11mm line daisy chains/packs away small.

I'm anal about having splices but if you don't mind knots make your own, use your preffered prussik and line...

worth it, yes if you cant splice and want it "streamlined" but if don't give a toss about knots no!

I went on :001_tongue:

Just my honest opinion but the DMM hardware is the nuts!!:thumbup1:

I'm making up my own from some marlow aeris, pinto, couple off DMM ultra O's and a 28cm sling prussiced instead of the thimble.

My current lanyard drives me mad as it's built from bits and pieces I've had to hand as and when, too thick, too long and too many knots!!

may i suggest dmm shadow/zodiac as the straight spines give you more room between carabiner and prussik when used dbrt clipped to the pinto's becket.

saves your knuckles:001_smile:

Don't any of you use an ART positioner?

I've always made up my own lanyards with 5m of 13mm, micro pulley and a

610mm eye-eye prussik 8mm cord, but thought a positioner does away with

the friction knot and pulley, for about £75. Just an idea at the moment.

Can't decide if I need the swivel model or not.

Edited by Perkins

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can't use the positioner if using your lanyard as a second lifeline which I do like to be able to do... ?

Yeah I guess that's the difference between the positioner and a lockjack, there's only one attachment on the positioner, so you can't move the krab to your central d-rings for a 2nd lifeline.

I usually have a couple of lanyards in the bag so might try the positioner out for certain circumstances.

Shouldn't we adjourn to the "climbers talk" area? with a glass of red wine.