Arbtrader.

tommer9

I too found it very irritating and thought at first it was just exploiting another oppportunity to make a buck. But that's pot calling the kettle black in my case since I have done nothing but take from Arbtalk and aren't exactly cool with money :laugh1:

What really peed me off about it was that it didn't alert the "todays posts" threads about the sale which imo lost a LOT of potential views and therefore follow ups... I think now tho it does auto put a thread up..

theres 3 listing levels Tommer....the ones with no photo are the members who opted for the free listing

Cheers Steve- I thought it was either a glitch or something I wasnt doing (like logging in properly etc.):thumbup1:

I like the fact that each ad gets a automatic mention on the forum, it keeps us informed of new ad's, it just a shame people don't pay and have a pic, it makes for a much better advert, IMV.

I do like this feature too, and agree about ads being better for a pic. I looked at the Allbut log grab today, but TBH without a pic I am not that interested.

I too found it very irritating and thought at first it was just exploiting another oppportunity to make a buck.

'exploting'....nice choice of words...thanks :)

I think theres enough for free on this site without people having to begrudge me for making a very small amount of money out of a section of the site that costs me both time and money isnt there :confused1:

I do like this feature too, and agree about ads being better for a pic. I looked at the Allbut log grab today, but TBH without a pic I am not that interested.

I looked at that ad too and was disappointed to not be able see a picture.

Every other form of advertising costs, so I don't no why people won't spend the small cost to have listng with pic's??

Edited by skyhuck

I looked at that ad too and was disappointed to not be able see a picture.

Every other form of advertising costs, so I don't no why people won't spend the small cost to have listng with pic's??

Totally.:001_smile:

I thought it was a commonly recognised thinking that if you are trying to sell something then a pic is pretty much a must nowadays. E.g. on ebay it is widely recognised that ads with no pics wont get bids.

Edited by tommer9

'exploting'....nice choice of words...thanks :)

I think theres enough for free on this site without people having to begrudge me for making a very small amount of money out of a section of the site that costs me both time and money isnt there :confused1:

I'm admitting that I am a custard for wanting everything in life to be free. I am also apologising here and now for taking arbtalk for granted which is why I said the pot/kettle thing above. I wrongly assumed that the adverts on the right probably cost a lot and wrongly assumed that AT was going to become a bling site in future as opposed to a random collection of geeks input lol.

Before my hole gets any bigger, sorry.

I do appreciate the work you do and that of the mods too (altho un-modded forums are funnier).

I'm just so crap at business myself that I'm always fearing going under and never showing practical appreciation. And with that I'm going to sell something with some glorious pictures!