SRT Rescue

DrewB

the complicatedness of that explnation is what has prompted the question! interested to hear of different scenarios. i reckon this could be interesting. cheers ewan (and onelab)

I think I deserve more recognition than Ewan. He got it COMPLETELY wrong :aetsch: lol

Although neither of us came up with any ideas :blushing:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think I deserve more recognition than Ewan. He got it COMPLETELY wrong :aetsch: lol

Although neither of us came up with any ideas :blushing:

We salute you! That plea made me chuckle. thank you :laugh1:

I'm getting my srt jazz next week so be good to see what else appears.

Only resource seems to be vtio and our personal knowledge...

Next idea.......

:001_smile:

Am I reading you correctly? I do remember you being thoroughly unimpressed with my srt setup a few months back! Coming over to the dark side? :sneaky2:

I was thoroughly unimpressed with your setup/hardware :001_tongue:

Ive been playing with some ideas as an when i come across the kit!

Did we climb patron or lsk bro i cant remember?

if they are in a croll a simple method is to attach a footloop through their d ring, pass it through a jammer above them and step down hard in the footloop. next grab their harness and lift, as you do this open the croll and then lower onto you. thats a counterbalance rescue, minimal gear and simple.

Jamie

Im not sure why it would make any difference what climbing setup you are on. If they are on double line I would set a prussic up on their line and set a piggybacked pulley system to pick them up and then lower them down. The good thing about being on SRT for the rescue is that my Line could act as an anchor point or be redirected to their line. or anywhere for that matter. Lots of options in SRT and it has done me well in the comps which is the only time I have had to rescue something other than cats. How do you see SRT or dDRT being different for the rescuer and the rescuee?

just opening up the question really kev. I know most people know the counter balance system on dbrt for lifting so was wondering what about for srt. i think turning the srt line into a RADS setup is a nice and easy option for lifting. Lots of people are starting to go SRT so i was just trying to see what people are practicing for rescues. or not practicing.

I did a nice big oak working the wrench today and it was superb for that tree-had it on a lowerable base anchor, this for me is one of the advantages.

Ahh I see, I didnt even think about the counter balance technique which I saw treemagineers folks show at arbcamp. Seemed like a good system but it wouldn't be allowed at the comps eh? I think you create a 5:1 MA when you take the tail of the injured climbers ddrt system and redirect it through a pulley or a biner above his prussic. this would give you a lot of lift. Kind of like a doubled line RADS.